Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Nockamixon State Park

We received all the approvals needed to build MTB trails at Nockamixon S.P.

Trail build days will be posted at http://bikevmb.com/ http://www.phillymtb.org/ and http://groups.google.com/group/nocka...ark-volunteers Nockamixon specific info can be found at the Google Group and anyone can join.

Sep 26 we will begin clearing the corridor for the first official "build" day which will be in mid Oct. The trail head is located at Tower Rd and Fink Dr. 18942
    Last edited by Kool; 09-18-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Suburban Redneck
    That's great to hear. Can never have enough local "approved" rides. What types of trails are going to be implemented?
    I'm not big-boned, I'm a Clyde.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Kool- Just joined VMB a couple weeks ago. Live right in Quakertown and can absolutely be there to help clear the corridor on the 25th - have own hand tools. Psyched -first mtb trail in Upper Bucks Co.!

What time meeting at trailhead?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman12
    That's great to hear. Can never have enough local "approved" rides. What types of trails are going to be implemented?
    Boxman, all I remember hearing is "beginner-to-moderate". Do you live in Upper Bucks Co.?

We've needed this for a long time in the Quakertown/Perkasie area- can't wait to help build. Hats off to VMB for getting this ball rolling!

Thumbs Up!
    Thanks to all the individuals and clubs who worked to get this approved!

I can't wait to get my hands dirty!
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

Suburban Redneck
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    Boxman, all I remember hearing is "beginner-to-moderate". Do you live in Upper Bucks Co.?

We've needed this for a long time in the Quakertown/Perkasie area- can't wait to help build. Hats off to VMB for getting this ball rolling!
    Cool.
    I actually live in the Fort Washington area but work in Montgomeryville.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Cool.
    I actually live in the Fort Washington area but work in Montgomeryville.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Wished you and other guys down there lived up this way. There are NO mtbrs in Quakertown - always have to ride alone around here. Hope the new trail generates some interest in this area.

Suburban Redneck
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Wished you and other guys down there lived up this way. There are NO mtbrs in Quakertown - always have to ride alone around here. Hope the new trail generates some interest in this area.
    Oh, I'll definitely roll up there once it's done. I'd like to see if I can wiggle some work room into my schedule, to feel like I contributed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Oh, I'll definitely roll up there once it's done. I'd like to see if I can wiggle some work room into my schedule, to feel like I contributed.
    Sounds good. I lucked out - the new trail's 3 miles from where I live in Q-town in one direction and only 2 miles from my work in Perkasie the other. I'll actually have a "home" trail to ride and help maintain.

What's really cool is that there won't be horses allowed on it from what I understand unlike the rest of the park so it won't be like that crapfest over at Green Lane or up at Jacobsburg.

Thumbs Up!
    I am a former Quakertonian. I live a few miles west now in the Upper Perk area.
    I mostly ride Green Lane because it is so close. Lot's of crap but it's still fun for a local ride. Hit me up if your ever out my way.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by J Ro
    I am a former Quakertonian. I live a few miles west now in the Upper Perk area.
    I mostly ride Green Lane because it is so close. Lot's of crap but it's still fun for a local ride. Hit me up if your ever out my way.
    Cool. Basically, you're telling me that the only other mtbr in Q-town moved out? Planning on the corridor clearing at Nox on the 26th or else the trailbuild days to follow? Maybe see ya there.

As for Green Lane, my wife (we've been married 6 years) grew up there and my in-laws' place actually backs up to the reservoir off Knight/Ward/Knightsward roads. Needless to say, I seriously try to avoid the Pennsburg area these days as much as I can.
    Last edited by roxnroots; 09-17-2010 at 07:52 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey Box and Rox the trails at Nox will be bike and hike only single track. the corridor clearing will be on Sunday Sep 26. meeting at 9am
    http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1C...ed=0CBQQ8gEwAA

more info can be found at http://bikevmb.com/

Rediscovered
    Wow, this is awesome news. Shame I'm not in the area right now as I'd love to help, but it's still good to see some new trail being cut in around the Bucks area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool
    Hey Box and Rox the trails at Nox will be bike and hike only single track. the corridor clearing will be on Sunday Sep 26. meeting at 9am

just signed up - see you there

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Myself and atleast 10 others live in quakertown! We get group rides going all the time. We do greenlane once a week, and jacobsburg every Wednesday with saucon valley bikes! I would suggest checking out their site for ride info. You can meet some people from the area!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by doneverett
    Myself and atleast 10 others live in quakertown! We get group rides going all the time. We do greenlane once a week, and jacobsburg every Wednesday with saucon valley bikes! I would suggest checking out their site for ride info. You can meet some people from the area!
    That's very cool - I often ride around town for fun, 10-15 fast loops around the rec field bike path for conditioning, and around the Brickyard pond/quad trails in the woods east of Heller Road (pretty cool back there) for "tech" whenever I'm not racking the ride for the singletrack on South Mountain at Lehigh U. or French Creek (which rocks). I've seen one guy on a Kona in the park during the four years that I've lived here so I figured no one in town rode.

I've ridden Green Lane (my inlaws' place backs up to the park), Jacobsburg, and Blue Marsh and like them OK. I ride a gt Sanction 1 full-squish 6" 34 lb. FR rig so I'd like to ride with you guys but might be bringing up the rear if you all got fast XC HT mid-20-something-lb.-type rides on that type of trail. What day/time does the Q-town crew typically ride Green Lane and do you meet at the main parking lot on Knight Road just in from Route 29 or the other lot at Knight and Ward Roads between the bridges just off 663?

Any of you signed up as Valley Mountain Biker members yet and/or planning to cut open the Nox trail next Sunday? If so, I'll see you there too.

Suburban Redneck

Would love to be there, but I have my daughter's fourth birthday party. I don't think momma would approve....

ETA: I just signed up at VMB, under sxharr05.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    No problem, plenty of work days ahead. I'm Kenny on VMB

Inbred Homebrewer
    Kool beans!

I won't be able to make it this weekend. Doing the Bike MS City to Shore ride saturday/sunday. But I'm glad to hear this is going forward. I've been following the progress over on the VMB board from time to time, but aren't as active in the on-line forums as I used to be.

Anyway, I live in Ferndale (maybe 4 miles from Tower & Fink.) - so I'm very excited about the trail-building and will happily pitch in whenever I'm able. It'll be nice to have another ride option even closer to home than High Rocks!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice stick, that makes you the third homebrewer on the project. Were going to have some fun trail days.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Nice stick, that makes you the third homebrewer on the project. Were going to have some fun trail days.
    Got that right. I do my best to keep 7 taps flowing w/ another handful of back-up kegs just in case people get really thirsty.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So, everybody ready to cut some brush tomorrow?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    O yea. Some people will be going for a ride after the work day at Stover Park, bring your bike if you want to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Great job today Kool and VMB! Thanks to the guys from PMBA too. Amazing how much got done!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just wanted to let everyone know the first corridor clearing day went
    incredibly well. 16 volunteers showed up on a beautiful day and
    totally exceeded what I expected to accomplish for the day. Almost
    everything that was approved during the first walk through has been
    cleared and much of it is finished trail.
    We will be going out Sundays to work on the trail (think its best to
    stay out on Saturdays due to hunters in the woods). This Sunday Oct
    3, 9am we will finish clearing the trail and begin bench cutting. As
    an extra incentive I have coffee and donuts left over from last week
    still in the back of my truck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast