mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Night ride this weekend?

Does anybody bother riding at night this time of year? Where can you do it legally (or at least without getting caught) in the Central/South/Eastern part of PA?

Trying to get some practice before a 24 hour race this summer. I'd like to get out this weekend. Anybody have any such rides planned? Any suggestions?

Sorry about all the questions. Just wore the question mark off my keyboard. ?

Thanks?
    Greg

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by H20SkiGreg
    Does anybody bother riding at night this time of year? Where can you do it legally (or at least without getting caught) in the Central/South/Eastern part of PA?

Trying to get some practice before a 24 hour race this summer. I'd like to get out this weekend. Anybody have any such rides planned? Any suggestions?

Sorry about all the questions. Just wore the question mark off my keyboard. ?

Thanks?
    Greg
    Legally?

Wissahickon, once the curfew is lifted (or, well, moved back... it's set at 8:30 p.m. through the winter, but in years past it was 10:00 or 10:30 during the warmer months).

Blue Marsh Lake: Legal 24 hrs, provided you're actually riding and not "loitering" in the parking areas. Great place for 24 hr race training. Not too technical, 30 mi loop. Just be sure to bring a spare battery & flashlight if you plan on doing more than one loop after dark!

not-so-legally?

It's a secret.

[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson