Did you ever have ham?

Nice Ride on the Rail Trail

I just wanted to get out today so I could get some fresh air and get my blood pumping...in a productive way! I met alot of great people on the trail. Hikers, runners, and bikers all very nice people. Here are a few pics from the ride. Didn't want to post too many!

The first one is the view from the new bridge, it is a very nice waterfall. The next one is the new bridge that was just constructed...looks great and very sturdy. That is my 29er on the bridge. Of course, I had to get a picture by the "Wacker," just seemed fitting! Lastly, here I am charging up the trail! LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice Ride on the Rail Trail-waterfall.jpg  

Nice Ride on the Rail Trail-bridge.jpg  

Nice Ride on the Rail Trail-wacker.jpg  

Nice Ride on the Rail Trail-charging.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    Cool pix. Thanx dude.

mtbr member
    Nice Pics. The nicest part of the trail that I've been on, although you have to drive to Noxen is the Noxen Leg to Mountain Springs. Killer 2% grade on the way up bit one helluva fun ride down!

Did you ever have ham?

How about that new bridge? Boy, is she a beauty! Looks very sturdy, too. They really did a great job on that! Is there a website where I can send my comments on how awesome that bridge is?

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Your lucky, glad someone got out today, rained all day here.

Did you ever have ham?
    You should get one of those hats with the umbrella on it...LOL! When it is warm out there is nothing better than a good ride in the rain, but it is getting a little too chilly for that now!

mtbr member

Where is that?

MotoMan....where is the trail you are riding? Sounds like Noxen? How do you get there? Thx.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    MotoMan....where is the trail you are riding? Sounds like Noxen? How do you get there? Thx.
    Jeff, that is the rail trail just above the Knights of Columbus parking lot in Luzerne. It is a really nice ride, uphill the whole way. I kept my bike in a higher gear range and had a blast. Did it a few weeks ago in the lower gears and it totally sucked! I am not made to spin things...I am made to torque stuff! LOL! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Jeff!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Mot and all:

Thanks for the email about this great trail and this is so much better "EVERYONE FREEKIN OUT about a "TRAIL" and not arguing about text! Nice pics and yes, they have website search Back Mountain Trail, might be under Anthracite Heritage trails also. I'm glad you talked to John Koch he's a great guy!

I too have left congrats on the new bridge with Judy.

Jeff: the continuance of this trail is a ways away in the town of Noxen, thru Stull(now a ghost town) and onto Mountain Springs and Ricketts(all ghost towns and Ricketts once had 5000 people living there! I lived near there in summer when I was a kid and spent many days around that area. Now it's a SGL dirt road now, once the Lehigh Valley RR Bowman's Creek branch (great fishing for trout) built by Albert Lewis the "Ice King" I don't know if I would ride there now even on a Sunday.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Great one Moto!

Spooky critter following you about though, dunno about that, would have scared me right into traffic...

mtbr member

Thanks for information

I think i have back country skied up off of the Mountain Springs end of the rail grade...just never realized it went all the way to Luzerne.....Thx.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Great one Moto!

Spooky critter following you about though, dunno about that, would have scared me right into traffic...
    Funny thing is it acted like a ghost from Mario Brothers. It would chase me, but when I turned around it would hide!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Moto:

How far did you ride?

NEPMTBA
    WHAT?...LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    I rode 1,000 miles! LOL! Seriously, probably only 5.5 or 6 miles round trip from the parking lot at the KOC to the top of the rail trail and back. It was a good time...better than the Pittston rail trail!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Moto:

OK, if you go down the stairs cross the road by Pizza perfect and go along the Dallas higway for about 50 feet then turn right over the bridge on Harris Hill rd you will see the continuation of the rail trail that goes 2.3 miles more to Demunds Rd.

Nice area also!

NEPMTBA
    WE HAVE "YAMAHAITUS"

Did you ever have ham?

Back Mountain Rail Trail

I went out to the Back Mountain Rail Trail for a little outdoor activity today. There is construction work taking place at the new bridge so you can only get that far...approx .85 miles. I just wanted to pass this on in case anybody was thinking of going there and getting in a couple miles.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Moto:

Ya, I saw that on my AM ride, Those guys and I have a friendly bet we agreed on at their rail trail workday. It won't be done by X-Mas. They have rip rap installation and then the center lockouts need to be finished! Good weather should get it all finished.

Did you get to the extension yet?

NEPMTBA

Did you ever have ham?

... and if we just ... Nice Ride

No, I haven't checked out the extension yet. I was planning on it today, but it is probably a good thing I couldn't get that far. I don't know if I could get my fat a s s any farther than Pizza Perfect's parking lot...LMAO!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    No, I haven't checked out the extension yet. I was planning on it today, but it is probably a good thing I couldn't get that far. I don't know if I could get my fat a s s any farther than Pizza Perfect's parking lot...LMAO!!!!!
    Moto:

I'm glad your really into the rail/trail riding. After you try the extension then we have to get you up to the Mountain Springs section, it is roughly 9 miles one way, just the creek and little else, but great views of nature. It would be great to combined that ride with the meeting at Forksville with Ranger Bill, not to mention I know a place that the cheese steaks are to die for!

NE...PM...TB...A
    RID"IN? YA IT"S IN THERE...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nice Ride on the Rail Trail-imgp0555_800.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Rail Trail

Awesome cheesesteaks...now you're talking my language! LOL! Forksville? Is that near Spoontown? LOL! Sorry, I can't resist the temptation to make cheesy jokes!!!