mtbr member
    Jan 2010

newbie from Williamsport

Greetings from S. Willamsport ___________.

I recently purchased a Rockhopper Comp Pro at a bargain price two weeks before Christmas.

$200, NICE MTB for the money spent, rode a whooping two times before the owner unloaded it.

Fairly serious road rider over the last 30 years. Pedaled the first Easy Racer recumbent in the area back in 1976.

So the die is cast for me to try the out the dirt arena. My wife thinks I'm crazy. WTF does she know ?

Expect me to ask stupid questions about suspension, etc., as this is all new to me. After reading the reports on the Reba Tora 302, a different fork may be in the cards.

Suggestions for Pa clubs, events,riding areas are all welcome.

THANX

Gary

Did you ever have ham?

newbie from Williamsport

Hello Gary. I don't really have anything constructive to add since I am still "learning the ropes" myself. I just wanted to welcome you to the mountain bike community! You will have a great time and this sport can also give you the motivation to make some really great changes in your life if you let it. It has been over 5 months since I had a cigarette and it is all due to the fact that I thought I was going to die when I started riding and I still smoked. LOL!

Have a great time and feel free to ask any questions that you might have. Somebody here will be more than happy to answer them for you!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Hi Gary and welcome:

The "stickys" at the top of this Pa forum have loads of info but mostly for the NE and SE of Pa hoping someone in your are could add a Central trail info sticky soon. Do a search here on MTBR for trails in your area or hit up your LBS Local Bike Shop for info.

The closest thing we have to you is Moon Lake Park located in Hunlock Creek. Your always welcome at our events or to join us on a ride.

If you have any questions or just wanna BS here's our email and website:

nepmtba@yahoo.com

nepmtba.piczo.com

Again welcome to MTBR and the world of Mt Biking hope to meet you some day and get a ride in.

LC

Gravity's Gone
    You're about an hour from the Danville / Bloomsburg area. Plenty of good riding here. Be glad to show you around some time.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    nanker you should hook him up with ringo

Gravity's Gone
    Hopefully Ringo will get on here and see this. I haven't seen him in awhile. Isn't there a water company or something like that in South Williamsport to ride? I think someone told me that you have to sign in at a gatehouse when you ride there. drxbmw - talk to the guys at The Bicycle Center behind McDonald's on rt15. I think they're the ones who told me about it.