Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    144

    New Year's Day Ride

    Great weather for the ride, a little muddy in spots but great ride. We had Amy, Dave, Larry, Ted, Mike, Lisa, Brian and I on the ride. We started out at Larry's then headed over to Friedmans then the fun clumb up Krispin Rd back to Larrys.

    Here are some pictures from the day.








    To see more follow the link.

    http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=755&page=2

    Happy New Year Everyone

    Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association
    www.wvmtba.com

  2. #2
    ride more
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,671
    I looked at all the pics, looks like a nice place to ride.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JeffSkisMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,857

    Nice first day...

    ...of the year ride...conditions looked a bit dryer than up on the mountain...although the frost heave shot on the WVMBTA site looked like it could have been a problem.....we have a few spots with the frost heave but haven't seen one that deep....those trails look interesting with the rocks and skinnys/.......ride on!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    I looked at all the pics, looks like a nice place to ride.
    It is has a mixture of almost everything. Larry's trails are on the boarder of Slocum and Friedman's are about a quater mile from Larry's. Check out the WVMTBA site for when we have rides and maybe we could show you around.

    Chris
    WVMTBA

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    ...of the year ride...conditions looked a bit dryer than up on the mountain...although the frost heave shot on the WVMBTA site looked like it could have been a problem.....we have a few spots with the frost heave but haven't seen one that deep....those trails look interesting with the rocks and skinnys/.......ride on!
    We only had about four areas like that on Larry's. That area was the worse everything else was nothing like that. Maybe a half inch of the frost. There is only one area at Friedman's like that but we skip that.

    Maybe we could work out something so we could show you these trail soon.

    Chris
    WVMTBA

  6. #6
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,317
    I think we just need to make sure Jeff knows about the ride ahead of time, I'm betting we could get him to come over. Once things either dry-up or firm-up, a Larry's/Slocum/Friedman's Triplet would be great!

    Hopefully tonight I'll get my act together and get some pics posted too, I've got some fun "slideshows" to put up. ;^)

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I think we just need to make sure Jeff knows about the ride ahead of time, I'm betting we could get him to come over. Once things either dry-up or firm-up, a Larry's/Slocum/Friedman's Triplet would be great!

    Hopefully tonight I'll get my act together and get some pics posted too, I've got some fun "slideshows" to put up. ;^)
    That sounds like a great idea. You know that we are always spur of the moment with our ride lately.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: amysue135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    I looked at all the pics, looks like a nice place to ride.

    We're always eager to have new faces on our trails! We'll quite possibly be riding this weekend if anyone is interested in joining.. PM one of us for a cellular device # to meet up with us..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •