mtbr member
    Mar 2006

New Year's Day Ride

Great weather for the ride, a little muddy in spots but great ride. We had Amy, Dave, Larry, Ted, Mike, Lisa, Brian and I on the ride. We started out at Larry's then headed over to Friedmans then the fun clumb up Krispin Rd back to Larrys.

Here are some pictures from the day.

To see more follow the link.

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=755&page=2

Happy New Year Everyone

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association
    www.wvmtba.com

ride more
    Mar 2007
    I looked at all the pics, looks like a nice place to ride.

mtbr member

Nice first day...

...of the year ride...conditions looked a bit dryer than up on the mountain...although the frost heave shot on the WVMBTA site looked like it could have been a problem.....we have a few spots with the frost heave but haven't seen one that deep....those trails look interesting with the rocks and skinnys/.......ride on!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    It is has a mixture of almost everything. Larry's trails are on the boarder of Slocum and Friedman's are about a quater mile from Larry's. Check out the WVMTBA site for when we have rides and maybe we could show you around.

Chris
    WVMTBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    ...of the year ride...conditions looked a bit dryer than up on the mountain...although the frost heave shot on the WVMBTA site looked like it could have been a problem.....we have a few spots with the frost heave but haven't seen one that deep....those trails look interesting with the rocks and skinnys/.......ride on!
    We only had about four areas like that on Larry's. That area was the worse everything else was nothing like that. Maybe a half inch of the frost. There is only one area at Friedman's like that but we skip that.

Maybe we could work out something so we could show you these trail soon.

Chris
    WVMTBA

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I think we just need to make sure Jeff knows about the ride ahead of time, I'm betting we could get him to come over. Once things either dry-up or firm-up, a Larry's/Slocum/Friedman's Triplet would be great!

Hopefully tonight I'll get my act together and get some pics posted too, I've got some fun "slideshows" to put up. ;^)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I think we just need to make sure Jeff knows about the ride ahead of time, I'm betting we could get him to come over. Once things either dry-up or firm-up, a Larry's/Slocum/Friedman's Triplet would be great!

Hopefully tonight I'll get my act together and get some pics posted too, I've got some fun "slideshows" to put up. ;^)
    That sounds like a great idea. You know that we are always spur of the moment with our ride lately.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m

We're always eager to have new faces on our trails! We'll quite possibly be riding this weekend if anyone is interested in joining.. PM one of us for a cellular device # to meet up with us..