mtbr member
    May 2007

New trails on the way to work...[xpost from Passion]

More crappy cell phone pics! Found some trails that appear to be used mostly for dirtbikes. Real good mix of trails with some nice brief downhill sections, some rocky stuff, and more. Most of the steep stuff you can easily ride around. All in the hills about the South Side of Pittsburgh:

Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

out of shape
    looks decent, im sure theres plenty of ruts and errosion though
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Dude,super bonus.You are a line scouter !!! Although,that landslide drop looks a little gnarly,I'd have to see it in person.Yeah right.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    it actually wasn't too bad as far as ruts/erosion most of the downhill (uphill) for the bikes was pretty smooth, with some of the runs being drier, loose packed dirt (uphill runs for the dirt bikes probably) while other stuff was smooth hardpack - the only place where it was dried and rutted was where it was flat...

that shot of downtown was taken from on top of where the landslide was. i'll be heading back there for more pictures with my better camera.

got some rain over last night and this morning - cooled off, but really hard to resist heading out there to see how it is (about a mile from my house)

heh - one of the best parts? i can use the bus as a ghetto shuttle back to the top!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Your cell phone takes way better pics then mine! (what kind is it?).

Looks like you found some decent trails there, nice going. Just keep your ears open for dirtbikes, wouldn't be fun to meet one coming round a blind corner.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut
    Your cell phone takes way better pics then mine! (what kind is it?).

Looks like you found some decent trails there, nice going. Just keep your ears open for dirtbikes, wouldn't be fun to meet one coming round a blind corner.
    cell phone is a blackberry pearl. only reason they look half decent is b/c the color was adjusted (auto levels in GIMP) and cropped down from 1600x1200. For a cell phone, I guess it does alright. I also have a Samsung Flipshot that does 3MP - but it takes even worse pictures!

Anyways, was back out yesterday in the mud and did remember to take my point n shoot. Will have those pics up as soon as they're done uploading.

The overcast skies made everything look particularly green yesterday on 4/20