Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nice no rass

New trails at Seven Springs

For those of you who haven't ridden the Springs in awhile...things are changing. There is no longer the Red loop and blue loop (which was just half the red loop anyway). All singletrack trails are named so you can create your own loops. New trails have been cut and lots of rocks to play on have been included. You can still park on top like always, but now there are enough loops to get 5-7 miles in on the top/front side alone. The old red loop still exists on the back side (called the Race Loop now) for those who want to drop in for a 6 mile loop with big climbs. Technical areas have been added on the sides of most of the trails so you can choose smooth ST or get your free ride (excuse me, "all mountain" ride ) on by hitting the rocks. On the new trails, wherever large rocks are on the trail, an easy trail around them has been cut for those less adventurous in your group. We've created something to keep the all mountain junkie and the XC racer alike happy.

A quick tour of some of the new trails:
    Piros Path, smooth, fast, twisty singletrack.
    Stateline Trail, Nice rocky, rooted downhill with some technical offshoots on the sides.. The best is the 5' roller drop off a rock leading to 5 to 6 more large rocks connected with log bridges.
    Gulley trail, fun roller coaster section through large, dry creekbeds.
    Fernmoss trail, tight, twisty, loaded with logs and large rocks to play on. Look for the giant two stepper that peels off to the left side of the trail.
    Spine Rock trail, named for the 8-10' long 2' high rock that has a spine to ride before dropping off and onto another rock. This trail also has some other neat rocks to climb/jump off of.
    Two Lakes trail, twisty, rooted downhill with a few large rocks to play on. Some have log armored exits or you can choose to huck off the 2-3' high drops on the other side.
    The old Rock Garden is still there and coincidently, named Rock Garden trail.

Look for more free ride areas and more new trails in the future. If you check it out and like it, let me know, or better yet, let Seven Springs know...the more positive feedback they get, the more we get to build! My bud and I put alot of time into these trails, we'd like to know what you all think.

New trail maps available at the Adventure Center 7 days a week, 10-6.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Cool, may be time for a trip south.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Sounds great. Hopefully I can try out the new trails this weekend. Thanks for your hard work. If you need help with trail work send me an email as I live closeby at Hidden Valley.
    John

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    are the maps free? if so would you mind posting up a scan of one?

Nice no rass
    The maps are free, unfortunately, I don't have the equipment available to me here to scan & post it. Once we get all the trails completed and the final map rendered, it will be posted on Seven Spring's website. I'm working on getting the temporary one posted ASAP on the website though.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by drnich
    Sounds great. Hopefully I can try out the new trails this weekend. Thanks for your hard work. If you need help with trail work send me an email as I live closeby at Hidden Valley.
    John
    What's going on with the Northwoods side of HV? Is it still unrideable? I've been riding the Roaring Run side, curious about the other. I'd heard it was great before the logging.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    For those of you who haven't ridden the Springs in awhile...things are changing. There is no longer the Red loop and blue loop (which was just half the red loop anyway). All singletrack trails are named so you can create your own loops. New trails have been cut and lots of rocks to play on have been included. You can still park on top like always, but now there are enough loops to get 5-7 miles in on the top/front side alone. The old red loop still exists on the back side (called the Race Loop now) for those who want to drop in for a 6 mile loop with big climbs. Technical areas have been added on the sides of most of the trails so you can choose smooth ST or get your free ride (excuse me, "all mountain" ride ) on by hitting the rocks. On the new trails, wherever large rocks are on the trail, an easy trail around them has been cut for those less adventurous in your group. We've created something to keep the all mountain junkie and the XC racer alike happy.

A quick tour of some of the new trails:
    Piros Path, smooth, fast, twisty singletrack.
    Stateline Trail, Nice rocky, rooted downhill with some technical offshoots on the sides.. The best is the 5' roller drop off a rock leading to 5 to 6 more large rocks connected with log bridges.
    Gulley trail, fun roller coaster section through large, dry creekbeds.
    Fernmoss trail, tight, twisty, loaded with logs and large rocks to play on. Look for the giant two stepper that peels off to the left side of the trail.
    Spine Rock trail, named for the 8-10' long 2' high rock that has a spine to ride before dropping off and onto another rock. This trail also has some other neat rocks to climb/jump off of.
    Two Lakes trail, twisty, rooted downhill with a few large rocks to play on. Some have log armored exits or you can choose to huck off the 2-3' high drops on the other side.
    The old Rock Garden is still there and coincidently, named Rock Garden trail.

Look for more free ride areas and more new trails in the future. If you check it out and like it, let me know, or better yet, let Seven Springs know...the more positive feedback they get, the more we get to build! My bud and I put alot of time into these trails, we'd like to know what you all think.

New trail maps available at the Adventure Center 7 days a week, 10-6.
    I've been thinking about how fun this place would be if the right people were there building, sounds like you guys are slowly but surely making progress. So is it big bike worthy? I've only got one ride, and it's made for blazzin' downhill on I'm always down to throw dirt, so if you guys ever need help, and are riding and building on a weekend, let me know. I think you guys are 3 hours from me.

Have you ridden denton yet? I keep hearing tid bits about it being great for dh in the early stages...get some pictures up!

Nice no rass
    Right now, no. We have a lift operating to get guests to the top and it can carry bikes, but no terrain worthy of dragging a DH bike here for (yet). Hopefully in the future, this will change and we can follow in Snowshoe's footsteps with terrain parks and DH courses...right now it's all XC.

mtbr member
    Any pics of the new (or old) trails at 7 springs? I've heard it's good riding, but I need to see first-hand if ill like it

Nice no rass
    I'm going to try and take pics some next week and post them.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceh
    are the maps free? if so would you mind posting up a scan of one?
    I just got off the phone with the person that handles the website. A link to the map will be up today. I'll post the link in a few hours once it's live.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    What's going on with the Northwoods side of HV? Is it still unrideable? I've been riding the Roaring Run side, curious about the other. I'd heard it was great before the logging.
    The North Woods trails are in great shape. I rode them a couple of weeks ago and totally clear. If you are referring to the trails at HV( located w/in the resort property)-this is a different story. The resort logged a lot of the woods near the golf course and completely destroyed the trails-many arent walkable the brush is so thick.

Nice no rass
    Is the NW side the area that had all the bridges and technical freeride type stuff built or was that the trails within the property? I was told the NW side was destroyed, obviously bad info.

Nice no rass

Nice no rass
    Here are some pics from tonight's ride. Double click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

I'll try to get more next week of other areas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Is the NW side the area that had all the bridges and technical freeride type stuff built or was that the trails within the property? I was told the NW side was destroyed, obviously bad info.
    Those trails were all w/in HV resort property. The NW trails are across rt 31 from HV and are rather nontechnical XC ski trails-wide and grassy that double in the summer as MTB trails. One HV trail is still open-located between the fitness center and Outback. Short but sweet.

Nice no rass
    Just a bump to see if anyone has ridden the new trails and to see what you think.

drnich, rode out your way yesterday. Started at the Mckenna trailhead, up to HV hit some really overgrown trails down through HV and into Northwoods. Climbed through Northwoods to Tunnel Rd and then jumped some snowmobile trails out to the Turnpike and back. Northwoods is better than I expected actually, nothing technical, but a good ride. Next time, I think we're crossing the turnpike and seeing if we can make it to Linn Run

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Too Rass,
    I got a chance to ride the new trails you guys put in a few weeks ago. Awesome. Very nice use of the huge rocks. Did I mention i like rocks. The overgrown trails you rode through are the "Jones mill run" trails. I was able to convince the district forester to mow them this year-was done in the past few days-now excellent. I did this last summer with a long handled hedge trimmer and was pretty painful. If you are ever looking for a riding partner give me a hollar.
    John

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Great Job

I have ridden all of them. Really great. My wife, our dog and I are there just about every weekend. They really make the 24 hour course a lot more interesting.

Also, I am always available to help build and/or maintain trails. Let me know how I can help.

On another note, could you PM and give me a little Beta on a 20-30 mile ride in the area, maybe springs to Hidden valley and back, we would like to check out a little longer loop than the is available at 7 springs. The other criteria is that we want to be able to ride from white mountain. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Chris

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian A
    I have ridden all of them. Really great. My wife, our dog and I are there just about every weekend. They really make the 24 hour course a lot more interesting.

Also, I am always available to help build and/or maintain trails. Let me know how I can help.

On another note, could you PM and give me a little Beta on a 20-30 mile ride in the area, maybe springs to Hidden valley and back, we would like to check out a little longer loop than the is available at 7 springs. The other criteria is that we want to be able to ride from white mountain. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Chris
    Are you familiar with the trail from Top of the World to the 7S airport? It connects White Mtn and 7S. Stop in the bike rental shop (ask for Matt) some weekend after riding and I'll get you a copy of the map that shows how to ride from 7S all the way to Laurel Mountain ski area. Basically, it's 7S to Roaring Run to Hidden Valley to Northwoods, across the pike and into Linn Run to Laurel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Thanks

I will stop in and talk to Matt. I just rode from the airport back to white mtn this weekend. pretty nice little diversion.

Please let me know if you need help with trail construction, or flag me down if you see me on the trail. Orange Santa Cruz, riding with my wife and a Blue Cattle dog.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian A
    I will stop in and talk to Matt. I just rode from the airport back to white mtn this weekend. pretty nice little diversion.

Please let me know if you need help with trail construction, or flag me down if you see me on the trail. Orange Santa Cruz, riding with my wife and a Blue Cattle dog.
    The map you will need is available at Laurel Hill State Park, ask for the snowmobile trail map. It covers from here to Laurel Mtn. The trip we took is a mix of fire roads, singletrack and snowmobile trails. Once you have it, I can show you the way we took.

I'll look for you out there and I'm in the bike shop tomorrow and Saturday.

Matt

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ok, I got it

You are Matt. Sweet, I'll talk to you saturday then... I have the map you are refering to, I'll bring it

I play hard to want
    This sounds like a pretty nice place to ride. I may take a trip down (from Erie). Is it worth the drive? I really have only 1 trail (although it's very good) here and need a chance of scenery.
    It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Nice no rass
    Quote Originally Posted by Offrampmotel
    This sounds like a pretty nice place to ride. I may take a trip down (from Erie). Is it worth the drive?
    Sure, we have about 20 miles of riding at the Springs, another 20 or so across the road at Roaring Run which connects to even more trail systems to the North.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast