mtbr member

new trail at moraine state park

We are working on a new trail at moraine state park. If you go from the main mtb trailhead and start towards the powerline climb the trail goes off to the right of a large flat rock. If you start up the hill you went to far. The trail is only about .66 miles long at this point but trust me it is a challenge. Possibly the most rocky section at moraine! Do us a favor (and yourself) and ride the trail that is done (to this point) and then turn around and ride it in reverse. you can jump right on to the powerline but we dont want off shoot trails to form. plus the more it gets ridden the better it will get packed down. It rides very differently each way. the first half is getting pretty good and the lines arent bad. the second half is still very very rough. We do trail work every third sunday of the month. For more info check out www.porcmtbclub.org the forum is updated for each trailday. We hope to have everything done and roughed in for riding by this spring, but the more people that can help the sooner it will be completed.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Sweet... I am originally from Pgh and I have been planning to take bikes with me whenever I head back to visit there. Moraine St. Park is easy to get to (and easy to find), so I will have to check it out.

mtbr member
    great...as I said it is only .66 long so dont make the trip just for that...its good but not that good! Do you have a prophet? Only ever saw one other one there...mine! We did some talking this weekend for some really awesome stuff at the trail. Hope to eliminate fire roads all together in the future and add some other sweet technical sections. Hope to add a few tight fast switchbacks and one big banked turn for speed to our current project. All down the road though. The goal is to get the ride up around 15 miles or more. Just takes a lot of time to get everything approved by the state and built in the winter months. In the end, this section should add 1.5 miles (3 if you count out and back!) Pm me if you are in the area and want to ride.
    Chance favors the prepared mind