Thread: New Rider

mtbr member

New Rider

I got a shiny new bike for Christmas and am looking for places and people to ride with. I am new to the sport of Mountain biking, but not new to biking. I live near Watsontown PA . I am not afraid to do a little driving to find some good riding. My new ride is a Ellsworth Evolve. I have a picture of it posted under the 29er thread "Under the tree"

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Nice bike, I don't know what your schedules like, but pm me and I'll be glad to show you around, you live pretty close to Rb winter, that's a great place. I would say within an hour or so there are lots of great places to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Danville is a pretty awesome place to ride as well. There are a lot of trails behind Geisinger Medical Center... up from the helipad. There is a race every yaer that is hosted there called tour de tykes. If you search it out, they probably have a map posted somewhere. The expert/pro course is like 18-20 miles - one big loop. some of the sections are fairly technical, but there is a lot of climbing which makes it a tough loop if you're not fit. Another race that is up there, formerly called the CAT classic, now the Cascade Classic is in Mountoursville (I think) and is near you. Look for a map of those trails and contact the promoter... he's a pretty active mountain biker and should be able to offer better explanations of the local trail networks.

Did you ever have ham?

New Rider

Welcome to mountain biking and to MTBR!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!