hithard

New to PA. Need Trails ASAP!!

Hey all,

New t the area and looking for some trail help. Did a garmin search and came up with nothing. I am looking for something on my ride to and from work. I am a all-mountain kind of guy and love rocks and drops but will take any trail. So some place between Easton and Horsham. I take RT611. I hope there is something that is some what on the way. Thanks for any help.

Lou
    Specialized Pitch for the win!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Welcome on board, did you check the "stickys" at the top of this forum? Try the Central Pa one. Do a search for "SAMBA" and "Lehigh Valley" forums... Mt Gretna, Salisbury, Trexler Preserve, Big Pocono, Jacobsburg state park all have riding

hithard
    I did look but I don't know any of the town names. I figured that someone that knows the area could help me find something.
    Thanks for the info I will google the towns you said if no one post any good info.

mtbr member
    Lake nockamixon is right on 611. Try bikevmb.com . If you are in Lehigh valley it is well worth $20/ year for full access to the ms board

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Lots of trails in the area. Valley mountain bikers, bikevmb.com, has a good list of trails in the area. As mentioned Nockamixon is right on your way to and from work ( updated trail conditions and info @ ridenox.com ) High Rocks/ Ralph Stover State park is also on your commute with some nice drops throughout. trail info @ bikevmb.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm having good luck by checking out trails shown on Strava. Just downloaded the app for my phone and was surprised by the activity in my area.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Garmin connect ( connect.garmin.com ) is also almost useful for finding trails. Just move the map to cover your area and set the filter for Mountainbike and search. I download the tracks and make them into custom maps for my GPS when I'm going exploring a new area.

note: I'm not a garmin employee, I kind-of like their consumer hardware and appreciate their free site, but do hate some of the business practice. *whatever*

hithard
    I think I am going to try out High Rocks Trails. Anyone got a trail map or a gpr map for there?

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lou_b_83 View Post
    I think I am going to try out High Rocks Trails. Anyone got a trail map or a gpr map for there?
    High Rocks is tons of fun-little bit of everything. Scout some of those boulders before you roll them because there may be a drop on the backside.

No map, but the whole trail system is like a corridor-you can't really get lost. From the parking lot, you can go east and the trails mostly stay up on the ridge and not much climbing. It splits apart in to like 2-3 tracks in most places, but all running mostly parallel. When you reach the campground, that is pretty much the end AFAIK.

Back to the more western side, there is a loop out across the top, drops down to the creek, then back up. There are steep, but short ups/downs in that area.

Have fun, there aren't tons of miles of singletrack, but I bet you get a lot of miles in before you get bored with it!
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

hithard
    I like drops. I should feel at home if there is drops. Thanks for the info. Anyone care to ride in the afternoone one day to show me around? I get the feeling its small but is always fun to ride with someone.

trail addict
    I like drops. I should feel at home if there is drops. Thanks for the info. Anyone care to ride in the afternoone one day to show me around? I get the feeling its small but is always fun to ride with someone.
    Would love to but I am 2 hours away these days.... good luck.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This group rides High Rocks often Ride Bikes! High rocks - Ride Bikes! A MTB Group (New Hope, PA) - Meetup

banned
    Apr 2009
    If you go to Trail Reviews on MTBR, Pennsylvania has more trails listed than any other State (besides California--which is 10 times the size)-------

---But I was even amazed that there were soo many trails here in certain areas (where I just had no idea that you could ride anywhere 'legal' in those places)

Nickel Havr
    Kind of an old thread... But I see you like drops and rocks.
    Reading,Pa has some great riding and it's a short drive...

Mt. Penn has something for everyone...

Neversink Mountain is great for cardio...

And French Creek SP is known for its rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Bear creek ski resort, also hear spring mt is running lift again(launch bike park) to rough and rocky spots. didi you ride high rocks? what did you think

Nickel Havr
    Oh I forgot about Bear Creek!
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I know it's not in your ideal area, but if you can mnake a weekend trip or even a day trip, there are lots of great trails up in the Jim Thorpe area ( North eastern PA) Bout a 2 hour drive.