mtbr member
    Apr 2004

new pa location to ride...local spots getting stale

Looking for a new place to ride, thats navigatable without a guide/local, withn 90 minutes of wiss. Advanced riding only plse.
    -wiss- no
    -Ringwood and muchy are out. to far.
    -White clay and middle run...been there.
    -Fair hill...dont know it well enough without a guide.
    -Thorpe- bored with typical ride and need a guide to get onto new booyah trails
    -Round valley- boring
    -French creek- bored/overidden
    -blue marsh...been there many times.

So that leaves where?
    -neshammiany? not sure thats where id go on my friday off

What about locations in PA that im not familiar with. I hear south mountain in emmaus is good but i also hear its pretty gnarly and requires a big hit bike. true/false?

What about some places in Md? too far???

mtbr member
    Try the brandywine area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    SME is literally right out my door and I ride a SS 29'er there. It can be big-hit if you want it to be but I do quite nicely riding XC there as well. That said, it is certainly not 'buff.' Also in the LV area is Salisbury, Jordan Creek, Jacobsburg, and Bear Creek. Check bikevmb.com for maps and details.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    check out the "gibson covered bridge" trails... do some research on the "extended" (ie, private property) trail system. Theres probably about 20 miles of total trails with lots of climbing and some fairly technical bits.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    SME is literally right out my door and I ride a SS 29'er there. It can be big-hit if you want it to be but I do quite nicely riding XC there as well. That said, it is certainly not 'buff.' Also in the LV area is Salisbury, Jordan Creek, Jacobsburg, and Bear Creek. Check bikevmb.com for maps and details.
    I will second Bear Creek. Its a good, technical up and down loop with some stuff up top you can ride to make it about 12 miles or so.

Also heard Salisbury is a good spot.

State College has some fantastic riding, but that is probably further than you would want to drive for a day trip. Its about 3 hours from Philly. I would highly recommend getting out there sometime.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    try here:

http://rcst1.blogspot.com/

there's a decent trailmap avail thru the DCNR site if you dig around a bit, might be one linked thru their blog also.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Marsh Creek State Park outside Downingtown PA has a nice variety of XC trails. It is almost impossible to get lost there (big lake in the middle) so no guide needed.

Now broadcasting from CO
    If you feel like a central PA adventure, Michaux is the best... it has everything.
    Brought to you by rocks.