The new look MTBR.com

Printable View

• 01-30-2013
    NEPMTBA
    The new look MTBR.com
    The new look is awesome!

gregg has a help thread at the top of the pages to assist on getting around here on the upgraded forums. If you need help or just wanna explore check it out.

I already noticed one thing everything is much faster now!

http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/announcement-welcome-upgraded-mtbr-forums-how-video.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/site-feedback...re-834131.html
  • 01-30-2013
    Gigantic
    I'm not digging it, but I'll get used to it.
  • 01-30-2013
    XJaredX
    The old color scheme was easier to follow I think. I'll manage though, now that I figured out how to make it fit the whole width of my screen
  • 01-30-2013
    Rev. 14
    I don't like either, but I have no choice.
  • 01-30-2013
    bear
    a. if video instructions are required in order to use/tune a web site client, I begin to worry that complexity is getting out of hand.

b. i get accustomed to a lot of change pretty quickly, gregg should be able to run it the way he wants

c. I am denied access to the how-to video link, doesn't do much for me that way.
  • 01-30-2013
    PArocks
    Yuck!! But I will deal with it
  • 01-31-2013
    dliquid1
    Jared:
    Go to setting / general settings / format skin and change it to wide.
    The narrow look was driving me crazy but found this in the settings and all is better.

David
  • 01-31-2013
    bear
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dliquid1 View Post
    Jared:
    The narrow look was driving me crazy but found this in the settings and all is better.

There's a quick access drop-down on the lower left of the page, when you are in a discussion forum that also will let you set it to wide mode.
  • 01-31-2013
    dliquid1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bear View Post
    There's a quick access drop-down on the lower left of the page, when you are in a discussion forum that also will let you set it to wide mode.

Ok that is much easier to get to, thanks!
  • 02-01-2013
    jochribs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    The old color scheme was easier to follow I think. I'll manage though, now that I figured out how to make it fit the whole width of my screen

^^this.

It is monochromatic. Everything seems to blend together on the main forum page. I feel the font is too small as well.
  • 02-01-2013
    dirtrider6
    Quote:

Jared:

David

Thank You
  • 02-03-2013
    JeffSkisMontana
    Quote:

Jared:

David

Thanks....very helpful....
  • 02-10-2013
    bikergirl6923
    Thumb down!!!!!!!!!!!The screen is too big for my phone. Very difficult to read any posts. Getting on MTBR is way too slow!!!!! Sorry!!! But thumbs down !!!!!!
  • 02-10-2013
    Sucks!!!!

It is like doing homework (being online now)---

old website you liked being on and surfing.. Also everytime I make a post it crashes (webpage is WHITE and I just get a letter 'V' in the tab next to a webpage that stays blank!!!)

very frustrating now.. The old color scheme (and Font sizes were much better!)

--i don't go on as much (and certainly don't stay on long now!)-----pass this on to 'Those in charge' of this...

--This was an example of 'If your car is running fine--don't need a tune-up!'-----and mess something up!?!?!?

P>S>----You could see Private Messages already listed on past layout (you have to go to private messages here)--ALSO you could see the page numbers of the thread before--now you have to go to the First page, then navigate---THAT SUCKS!!

I don't get online at all now------For something that was not broke (MTBR made it worse!!!)
  • 02-11-2013
    mtnbiker64
    I agree with the thumbs down. Just plain boring. I look at enough black and white stuff on my computer for work. Now this. I use to go on Mtbr at least everyday for at least an hour. Now the time is cut way down. Maybe 15 minutes. I see myself spending more time on pinkbike.
  • 02-11-2013
    bear
    The new look MTBR.com
    I would rather the content of the forum be the draw, than the window dressing on the forum.

So I am in favor of the current layout over the previous.

Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by glucose