Thread: New Here

mtbr member
    May 2006

New Here

Hello Everyone,
    I just stumbled across these forums the other day. Like all of you, i love mt. biking. My real name is Andrew, but I perfer you calling me Clay. I'm 17 years old, male, and live in McAdoo, PA. I'm probably just going to look throughout the forums for the next couple weeks, there seems to be alot of useful information. Is there any topics that I should make sure I read?

As of right now I dont have a bike setup, im trying to save up/ convince my parents to allow me to buy a new bike.... not one of them wal-mart ones. *smile* I always seem to, um hammer them really fast.
    Like I said I live in McAdoo, and if you dont know where that is, its smack dead in the middle of our coal region. So I always end up riding through the silts, and unable to find many trails,... find my own. Which then in return, trash my bike.

So if anyone can maybe point me towards a decent affordable bike? ummm introduce me to some new trails, close by possibly, or even just help me out with a few things I should know? I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give to me.

....I'm kinda crazy when it comes to riding, I never tried cross country, but that doesnt mean I havent done any really long trips either. Street... I never had an interest in that either. But when it comes to Downhill/free riding, I love it. It was always a dream I guess I can say, to begin to compete in DH courses, but without a bike, and lack of training because of the winter season, I dont see that happening anytime soon.

Well if you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, and bye.
    -Clay

Respect Your Trails
    Looks like your in search of a decent amount of info. Welcome to the forums. Its a good place to start.

In terms of bikes, check the "what bike to buy" thread on here for some info. Also if your really into DH / Freeride, or "All-Mountain" check those threads as well. When it comes to a DH style bike, affordable is all relative. To get a good bike, you would need to spend around $1,300 and up. (and 1,300 is pretty low for a full on DH rig. Your components are going to be on the cheaper side) Check the forums for ideas, and check your local bike shop too.

Check the Trail Review forums and click Pennsylvania for trails to ride in your area.

Good luck with gathering all your info.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Clay4141

Hit your Local Bike Shop(LBC)! They have all the info you need! Help on sizing, type, price of bike you need. Make friends with them and support them and you will have more info than you can handle! They know the trails around their area and probally have rides there also.

The Forums are another place to gather info and make friends about what ever you need. Most important thing is to RIDE RIDE RIDE! anykind of bike you have.

Just get out and discover all there is to be had!

Welcome and Good Luck
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com