mtbr member

New to the forums, from Lancaster!

What's up guys, finally joined up on the forums after lurking around here for info for a new ride after my Gary Fisher Mullet got stolen from me at college (Penn College of Tech). BUT It gave me the opportunity to pick up a Surly 1x1 that I got the deal of a lifetime on!

I live in Lancaster county, specifically Strasburg when I'm not at school, and Williamsport during the school year. If any of you guys know some good places around either area let me know! Picking up a new bike has really rekindled the excitement of riding!

Here's the new ride
    New to the forums, from Lancaster!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342409035.724984.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New to the forums, from Lancaster!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342409003.027684.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?
    Welcome to the forums!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

New to the forums, from Lancaster

Over in York there is Rocky Ridge park, not sure of your level, some of the trails should be able to ride on a SS, others may be a bit rough. Swatara is near Pine Grove, prolly about an hours ride north but the trail system is nice and can be ridden on a SS, hope this helps, I'm sure you'll get a lot more feedback,

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Not sure about trails up north except the Moon. Down here you have Mt. Gretna, I ride there a lot. Swatara State Park is a little farther north, but fun with a SS. French Creek is to your east. White Clay Creek is down in Delaware but worth the drive. Send me a pm if you want to go riding sometime, I can show you around. I ride a SS and I'm not to far from you. I'm in Manheim Township. And Welcome to the forums!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Welcome, nice ride!

Professor Fox( now retired) from Penn College is a friend of mine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Welcome to the forums! I'd say Gretna, as has already been suggested, as the most local to you. It's funny, I actually deliver food to Penn College on Friday's. I'm usually up there at the food services center and Le Jeune for their Friday deliver from Feeser's.

Bike Rider

Hello from Downingtown

Welcome...(I'm a bit new myself, haha). I live in Downingtown, about 45min-an hour east of Lancaster. I happen to frequent Marsh Creek a lot along with Harmony Hill Nature area. Neither are very big but both are fun to me. I think French Creek may be your best bet if you're looking for a long ride. Enjoy...
    "Ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

08 KHS DJ200

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Blue Marsh in Reading is good for single speeds, Swatara is awesome with a single speed,White Clay in Delaware is awesome too

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by bankofdad View Post
    Blue Marsh in Reading is good for single speeds
    I can confirm that one...

...and the others!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input! May make a trip to Gretna this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I graduated from Millersville. When I was in school I used to ride at Lancaster Park. There is a bunch of single track that you can piece together around the park to make a nice loop. Takes some searching.

I also rode the game lands above Lititz aka Brickerville by Camp Mack. Take 501N make L onto 322. Parking lot on right side. Some really fun trails!