mtbr member
    Sep 2008

New to Erie, where else to ride?

so i just moved up here from West Texas. So far ive found Asbury park to ride. It gets kinda boring riding it alone though.

Are there any group rides that happen? I dont get on the internet much so i cant really check here.

Where else is the good riding? The Non-Park trails at asbury are some pretty good riding, someone has put some time into building some jumps and drops.

My aol IM goes straight to my phone, or PM me and ill shoot you my number. I need to find someone to ride with!

-Nick
    aim - ifitewhatyoufear

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I think there is a group that rides at Asbury on Thursdays at 6:00pm and Sundays at 9:00am. I live close and try and ride there when I get a chance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Another place for you to try is Eaton Reservoir in North East. Lake Country bike shop in North East had done alot of work building single track out there. Nothing real challenging, but fast and tight single track. It's beautiful just riding around the reservoir too. If you need directions, let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My son and I are going to ride at Asbury Woods today around 12:30-1:00pm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMTBScott
    Another place for you to try is Eaton Reservoir in North East. If you need directions, let me know.
    Yeah, directions would be great please...I live in North East and didn't even know it was there. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    hey just to let everyone know my friend and I are going out tonight for a night ride at Asbury Woods Its all ways a fun time. so if any one whats to meet up all you really need is a light on your helmet. if you don't have one just get your helmet and a bright light. we will meet at the browns farm at 1045 and leaving at 1100 if you want to come just call my name is Scott my number is 814-746-7211

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    Yeah, directions would be great please...I live in North East and didn't even know it was there. Thanks in advance.
    Head south on Lake Street (Route 89). After you pass under the over pass rail road tracks, you will see a Kwik Fill on the right. That's Route 426. Follow it out of town. As you get further away from town, the road becomes a twisty windy fun piece of road to drive. Stay on Route 426. You will probably drive 4 miles out of town. As the road becomes particularly more winding, look for a reservoir on the right. THIS IS NOT IT, just use it as a landmark. Shortly after that, say around a 1/4 mile, 426 has a sharp left curve, or you can stay straight on Black Road. At that point, you will also see one of those PA Boat and Fish Commision signs that will say Howard Eaton Reservoir. Continue down Black Road, which is a dirt road. A mile down the road, you will see the reservoir. You will see the parking area. Start riding around the reservoir and you will see single track jetting off everywhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMTBScott
    Start riding around the reservoir and you will see single track jetting off everywhere.
    Thanks. Checked it out yesterday. I need to go back with a machete!...apparently no one's been riding it and the singletracks are all grown over.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    Thanks. Checked it out yesterday. I need to go back with a machete!...apparently no one's been riding it and the singletracks are all grown over.
    Lake Country Bike in North East was responsible for cutting the trails. They always told me not to say anything to anyone about them. Ooops.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I actually made a trek down to ohiopyle this weekend and rode, it wasnt at all what i thought it was gonna be.

Im currently in St. Marys PA and gonna go ride some trails in Ridgway tomorrow then might head up to Ellicotville, NY and ride, ill be bakc in town thursday and be ready to ride erie ASAP!

-Nick

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DrearyErie
    I actually made a trek down to ohiopyle this weekend and rode, it wasnt at all what i thought it was gonna be.

Im currently in St. Marys PA and gonna go ride some trails in Ridgway tomorrow then might head up to Ellicotville, NY and ride, ill be bakc in town thursday and be ready to ride erie ASAP!

-Nick
    Well I love Ohiopyle, that's one reason I moved to the Pittsburgh area, to be closer to it.

Did you ride the rail trail or did you drive up the mountain and ride the mountain bike trail?

mtbr member
    hey DrearyErie Im up for a ride or two this weekend email me at jeeptree@hotmail.com I tend to stick with the asbury area but there has been a lot of talk about a new trail in northeast. Im planing on hitting that Friday let me know if you ya want to join. im always looking for new people to ride with or keep up with lol.