Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea! NEPMTBA, upcoming events: November thru December

You know we ramp it up in the Fall season, just a heads up of more great riding opportunities:

Our Thanksgiving weekend & Christmas Party/Rides will be on trails again for 2012

Wednesday Night 6PM, 11/21/12... Don't be a Turkey, Ride da mOOn
    Our usual gathering of Lunar Rovers will hit the trails again for a 1.5 to 2 hour social ride!

Thursday 9AM, 11/22/12... Stuff'in da Turkey Ride at da mOOn
    Don't get your Turkey Stuffed...
    ...without hitting the trails at da mOOn first, Thanksgiving Day. 1.5 to 2 hour ride, less techinical mOOn trails, good for beginners, or just a quicky.
    Last years fun:
    NEPMTBA's Stuff'in da Turkey RIde at da mOOn 11/24/11

If permission is granted, as HCGA is private property we will do this again:
    Friday HCGA, (time TBA) 11/23/12...I got "STUFFED" Ride
    So, ya over did it yesterday on Turkey?...
    ...we have a great way to work off the over stuffed pounds.
    No special meals, or diets, JUST REALLY BIG HILLS and ROUGH TERRAIN! We might even have a new trail or skills section for ya to try out! 2 to 3 hour ride with tech terrain and HCGA's famous "Try it you'll like it" skills sections to play on!
    Last years fun here:
    HCGA... I got "STUFFED" Ride 11/25/11

Saturday , 11/24/12...The Switchback Trail in Jim Thorpe
    Heading down to Jim Thorpe for a 12 to 16 mile tour of Pennsylvania's first Roller Coaster. Now a rail/trail with a twist, climbing the Wagon Road and the beautiful views from a top Mt Pisgah. Intermediate level ride of 3 to 3.5 hours.
    Switchback Railroad Trail | Pennsylvania Trails | TrailLink.com

Sunday, 11/25/12... Coburn, the old Race Course
    Comprised of 28 miles of climbing mountains and fast descents, not for beginners(no bailouts) Pass through Ol' Poe Paddy State Park, super mountain top views, ride through two old abandoned railroad tunnels and over trestles across the famous Penn's Creek well known for trout fishing. This was one of the first mt bike race courses in the USA and Pennsylvania, sections still used in the Wilderness 101. Ride time will be 4 to 5 hours, we won't be racing, but it will be tough!
    http://www.traillink.com/trail/penns-creek-path-(mid-state-trail).aspx

Our Christmas Party/Ride will again be at HCGA, more details coming...
    ...while ya wait, here's a thread of the last years fun:
    2011 NEPMTBA Christmas Party

Of course all rides are "Ride at your own Risk, and you are responsible for your own saftey, as is your choice of gear and hydration. Never ride anything you don't feel comfortable with"

With enough rides to send 2012 out in style
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA, upcoming events: November thru December-copy-copy-ride-da-moon-1.jpg  

NEPMTBA, upcoming events: November thru December-jim-thorpe-4-7-12-023_900x900.jpg  

NEPMTBA, upcoming events: November thru December-thetunnel_600.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    cant wait to hit the switchback and coburn i love new places

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm excited about the Christmas party it'll be the perfect time to make my famous pasta salad for all my mountain bike buddies

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm sure we can do something on the 24, let me see what Jimmy and I can come up with.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Beardman27 View Post
    I'm excited about the Christmas party it'll be the perfect time to make my famous pasta salad for all my mountain bike buddies
    That's funny you mentioned that. You are know as the pasta salad guy cause it was fantastic!

mtbr member
    bump to get this up the list
    “An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” Marco Polo

Did you ever have ham?
    I think the Christmas Party will be my introduction to the "Rocks!!!"
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465 View Post
    I think the Christmas Party will be my introduction to the "Rocks!!!"
    Amazing how much has been build in 2 years, and yes rocks are in good supply but, as Jimmy and I stood on the Kirby rocks yesterday we commented on how much stuff there is to ride now at HCGA. Lots of building continues, the Woody has 2 new lines, section 1 trials area is open and cleaned, the skinny lounge is in process, even the Moto trails are up over 10 miles now, more quad green trail has been cleared, making for great beginner/inter MTB trails.

Lots of Christmas presents for all to enjoy!