Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! NEPMTBA Saturday rides, Cyclo-X and XC skiing at the mOOn starting 10/16/09

It's on once again...

Saturday Rides:
    As a compliment to our Wednesday night rides, the Saturday rides at Moon Lake park are added this time of year. Come enjoy the great fall weather on 25 plus miles of newly made trails, with some added loops including the dirt & paved roads around the park for more fun. All are welcome and we will ride roughly 2 hours with breaks.

Cyclo-X:
    New this year is the Cyclo-X course, Yes, that's correct! NEPMTBA is designing and marking out a Cyclo-X course for practice right now, but with race plans in the future. Composed of fields, really, really friendly singletrack sections, a run up hill, and dismount barriers. This will be a great winter training course to keep your heart pumping strong. You don't need a special Cyclo-X bike as your Mt or Hybrid bike will work fine(heck you could even trail run it on foot if you like). It's all about getting a good workout and less about single track tech. The run up hill and barriers will have options if you choose to ride around them also thus giving more options to add to your fun ride.

XC Skiing:
    Yes, we might see the XC skiing sooner than we thought. XC skiing as soon as the snow sticks! The Cyclo-X course will make for a great loop.

So, this winter: Don't curl up with the internet and waist electrons, hit a stinky indoor gym, or ride a boring flat rail/trail, come to mOOn Lake park.

Where it's always on!

NEPMTBA
    GONE RID'IN or FISH"IN

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

todays after work update...

...couldn't wait to finish my suspension work, had to get it done for the Proformance Cycle MX racers to hit the tracks this weekend. Woo Hoo all done and then I got to apply my new idea to Nemisis, so I ran out of the shop at 5 and to the mOOn Alice!

Added a little more Nemisis to the Deacon Trials area. Nother 25 feet of "WOOD" with a special feature on a feature. Let's see who can clean it. Nemisis is roughly 75 feet long now and growing.. yikes!. More time on the planks to make funny faces...LOL It will be lot's of fun for our Fall Moon Lake Park Trials day coming soon, and our guest rider: World champ JJ Gregorowicz.

I would like to thank Rick for the rather large supply of wood, and Chuck S Chuck K, Big Daddy for pallets and Marc for the tools he donated to NEPMTBA. Thanks to all of you, and I hope you will see where it was used really soon. Duct Tape Al & crew thanks for the sharp chains today and reminding me to grab a radio. "No Communication Breakdown" here. Even did a little rid'in!

Check it out Saturday

NEPMTBA
    RIDE NEMISIS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you ever have ham?
    I predict I will be the first to clean it! I am warming up my feather duster and reaching for my can of Pledge as we speak. You will have no control of the siteation!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    he said wood again

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Dave:

Wood is good!
    Especially if ya got it!

For those who don't... boo hoo!

I guess you need to go see Alice for your "Moonagra" or "Moonzite"

It's that time of the year ya know!

NEPMTBA
    PERSONAL FRIENDS OF 17 TIME IRON MAN CHAMP "DAVE SCOTT"

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I don't feel so bad about not going out to m00n today, considering you're at home posting fifteen minutes after the ride was supposed to start, Lee.

:P

( Helping my father-in-law with computer problems + cold rain == bear not going out to play )

Did you ever have ham?
    It's only cold if you are from Texas! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Yes, I'm suffering from post Joey's Midnight MTB/Moto Madness riding with the moto guys! I already have my 4 hours of riding in for the day, so I figured no one would ride in the icy rain at the moon anyways.

Coburn ride tomorrow

NEPMTBA
    MEZMERIZED BY SHINY "MOTO" THINGS

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    It's only cold if you are from Texas! LOL!
    So, ya going out on the Yammamonster today? Twist my arm I just might go.
    NEPMTBA
    RID"IN? WHEN?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I rode the Moon for an hour this morning, good times. I think I was the only biker in the park.

I thought I might see Lee and the single speed, but it was not to be.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Where's Coburn?

Did you ever have ham?
    braap.....'nuff Said!

Did you ever have ham?
    Well, tonight was the coldest weather I have ridden in...so far. Thermometer by the bank said 39, it felt good and once I started pumping I didn't even notice the temp. Can't wait to try it in the snow!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Where's Coburn?
    Ted:

Near Lewisburg Pa

Todd:

Riding in the cold is fun, never saw a mosquitoe with a parka, easier to breath, no nats, water in hydro pack stays cold...

NEPMTBA
    To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.
    (The Outlaw Josey Wales)