Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Listen! NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09

Hello all:

This Sunday NEPMTBA will host a workday at Moon Lake park located in Hunlock Creek Pa. 6 miles on RT 29 from Rt 11 in Plymouth Pa

Meeting Sunday November 8th at 10 AM at the main gate.

On the agenda will be the following task:

1. One of our favorite trails needs a little TLC. "Screamer trail" After meeting at the main gate we will drive our vehicles right to Screamer trail and park at the campground. This is the downhill we all enjoy so much, and it needs a tune up.

3 areas on Screamer need to be addressed:

From the dumpster at the campground to the rock wall crossing, work will include brush trimming, removing tombstone rocks, and generally smoothing. This section is not the fast section, but could flow better.

From the rock wall to Squeezer(the rock walls intersection) a reroute will allow better flow around the trees that we have been riding around. Below the trees we will bench cut the side hill/downhill and widen it a bit. This is the fast section and where we all do the screamer when we ride it! Woo Hoo! We don't want it to be faster just safer with better flow and traction. Work will include root removal, trimming and shovel work.

From Squeezer to the end at Farm Rd intersection we need to address the runoff area, and the intersection with farm Rd. Work will include a reroute, trimming, rock removal, and widening a bit.

This will make Screamer more sustainable and fun for all.

This workday is open to everyone and have no fear if you have never been to one before. A very friendly gathering led by certified trail builder, ensues a social atmosphere. About all you need is gloves and a smile! Much can be learned about the trails you ride by attending a workday, and it gives you "Pride in what you Ride" know you had a hands on with the trails you ride.

Work time will be from 10AM till 3PM where after we will have a fun ride, so bring your helmets, bikes, and all necessary gear also.

Thanks for viewing, attending, and riding our trails which ever you choose!

Soaking rain cancels all projects and the after ride.

NEPMTBA
    CAUSE TRAILS ARE FUN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-chippy.jpg  

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    in.

for both work and ride.

Did you ever have ham?

Work Day at the Moon

Count me in, too. Somebody bring the bbq sauce, that chippy looks like he would be tasty!

Did you ever have ham?

Moon Lake Park Workday

I don't have much in the way of tools, but I will bring my little saw, folding shovel for bearing the remains of the chipmunk after I eat, and the C-4 for the gophers! Not to mention my gung-ho attitude!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea!

Big Daddy bring them along and thanks...

...we have lot's of tools at the park and we will have them located on Screamer for the workday.

Looks like the weather is gong to be great for the weekend! If ya can't make it Sunday we will be at the park on Saturday working on the new trail that we have not yet announced(shh keep it secret)...LOL If you do stop by on Saturday stop in the park office, they will direct to where we are working.

NEPMTBA
    FUN BY THE BUCKET LOADS

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Just Bump'in........

THE MOON IS ROCK'IN...

NEPMTBA is work'in at mOOn Saturday 9AM, stop by the park office for our location. Then Sunday is the official workday to dress up Screamer trail. Come join the fun! 10 AM till 3 then we ride!

Crew 2 Free Ride Finus will be work'in the FR stuff also!

Choices, Choices

NEPMTBA
    THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01118.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

All:

Nice to see so many riders in the park today, Saturday!

I got to talk to a few including:Tom Shalata, Mike Meyers, Joe Shedlock, and Doug Lang as well as Jeff Brull's group that looked like a freight train of riders! Thanks to all for all the thanks you we received about the trail work!

NEPMTBA trail report is:

Moon Lake just keeps getting Bigger & Better

Part of Skinny's trail is blown clean(rest will be done soon) A few more trails signs were placed too!

Most of the work today was spent on the "newest trail system" that is along the way to opening soon. I can give ya a little bit about it. The new trail & system is different than the rest. It will be great for XC skiing, trail running, dog walking, and mt biking. I can promise you that you have never been in that area of Moon Lake park! It's a totally new area. When done it will be a separate "new loop area" with other "new trails" joining to it as well as our old favorites!

Very exciting!

Thanks go out to our good friends: Clif. Mike, Paul, Bill, Mike, Duct Tape and the rest of the park staff who made this new trail happen. NEPMTBA is very proud to once again be involved in making more miles of trail on dirt for all to enjoy!

Free Ride trail work had all 4 of the Janicks at the helm when Big Daddy and I stopped by to lend a hand for a while! Another FR section is on the way to being finished.

Great Work guys!

Lot's of pics coming soon!

mtbr member

WOrk Day

Will be joining your crew on Sunday to work and ride.....seee you in the am.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?
    Thank you, Jeff. We look forward to having you!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Will be joining your crew on Sunday to work and ride.....seee you in the am.
    Jeff

Thanks and also for the reply. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you on Saturday, but I did see your large group of riders enjoying the trails!

NEPMTBA
    SEE YA THERE!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Everyone:

NEPMTBA's largest workday ever and work was completed in 2 hours with a total revamp of Screamer trail. More than 25 people helping on the workday and over 40 other riders in the park today it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

So, for all the work and great riding today to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUTHANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU HANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    uh lee i think you forgot one thank you................ but we'll let you slide
    had a great time today it was awesome to work then ride the trail work we did
    chuck is an animal

Did you ever have ham?

Moon Lake Park Workday

WOW, what more can I say? Today was like a dream! The weather was incredible for this time of year! The people that showed up for the workday were incredible! When I started walking down the trail and saw so many people working on the trail it just blew me away! Everybody was so knowledgable about what needed to be done and you all put your heads down and did what needed to be done! The ride afterwards was amazing with such outstanding weather! Screamer will definitely live up to its name! Everybody did such an amazing job on the trail, the flow is so unbelievable! Just avoid the brakes and scream your head off all the way down! The rocks down at the bottom were so well done that even I was able to ride across it....well done everyone! A mere thank you just doesn't seem to express my feelings! It is so amazing to see everyone enjoying the trails at the mOOn! Honestly, it was a very moving experience to see everyone there working so well together for a common goal! No BS, no political posturing....just hard work for everyone to enjoy! From the bottom of my heart and my sore smilie muscles...thank you all!!!!!

Did you ever have ham?

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday

Hey everybody, sorry it took so long but I just got around to downloading the pictures I took today. I actually didn't take that many today, but here they are. Thanks again!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01365.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01366.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01367.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01368.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01369.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01370.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01371.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01372.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01373.jpg  

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01374.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Group Shot

And here is the group shot at the beginning of the ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday 11/8/09-dsc01376.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

NEPMTBA Moon Lake Park Workday

To say I was blown away today is a MASSIVE understatement! I have never been part of anything like what I was part of today...I really look forward to doing this more in the future! Thank you all for letting me be a part of your community.

Lee: I cannot thank you enough for introducing me to this sport. Everytime I can barely walk up stairs I think of you! LOL!

Joan, Bill, Canadian Chuck, Lauren, Jake, and the rest of the gang(I know I am missing alot of names here)thanks for being patient with me on the trail...it does mean alot to me!

Lastly, to whoever is responsible for putting in all the hills at the mOOn....we need to talk...LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Great stuff guys!! Can't wait to check it out! The band played last night so I wasn't home until the wee hours of the morning. 9a.m. wasn't happening. haha!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Just a wee...

...update!

Rode Screamer and it's all flowed out with amazing connection all the way to the bottom. Everyone did a fantastic job and I hope you get too ride it real soon. The rock armoring is perfectly lined up and it is really fast as you cross it.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

All trail work is winding down in the park for this season, well over 1000 hours, and a few downed trees remain, and will be removed tomorrow.

Then more time to ride. Woo Hoo!

Park will close 12/31/09, then we sit back and wait for the officials to decide what to for 2010

NEPMTBA
    THANKS TO ALL

Did you ever have ham?

Worked at the mOOn today

To all those concerned with mOOn Lake Trails, here is a bit of news! NEPMTBA and I spent some time cleaning up the water crossings at the end of T-Rex 2. This should make for a safer, more enjoyable, and drier ride at the end of a great trail. To everyone that supports mOOn Lake, thank you and hope to see you on the trails!!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    Excellent. Thanx guys. Those water crossings were a pain in the a**.

Did you ever have ham?
    At the expense of being reprimanded by the ever-lurking thread police I know what you mean. I never even attempted them as I feel my skills are still lacking too much to be able to get across them. Hmmmm, I think I just had an epiphany! Maybe that is why I am posting so much, I am overcompensating for my lack of skills on the bike. Maybe...LOL! Hope our work makes it easier and safer for everyone that rides the mOOn!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    The mud in that area smells real bad.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    The mud in that area smells real bad.
    is it the mud, or when was the last time you washed your cycling shorts?

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    is it the mud, or when was the last time you washed your cycling shorts?

I'll never tell. Ask Nanerpudin about smells in the woods. He's got a few funny stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast