Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! NEPMTBA mOOn Lake park updates 9/09

To all:

Wow, after a summer of well deserved rid'in some update info on the computer was in order. Of course if ya rode with us ya already know all that was done at the mOOn!, but...

Skinny trail realinged with Watkins(better flow)Lee
    Built new bridge on Dark(no more water/mud spot)Big Daddy Todd, Lee
    Slide realinged(better connection)Lee
    Peek-A-Boo realinged(drier)Lee
    New bridge built on JKE(thanks Canadian Chuck)(his project)
    Numerous downed trees removed(Bill Kearney and his trusty chainsaw)
    Ramp on 5858(downed tree) Canadian Chuck, Bill Kearney, Lee, Chris Murph
    T-Rex2 extended and ramps(Big Daddy Todd, Lee)
    Tree removed on Screamer(better flow) Lee
    Rock amoring on Flume(Chuck Menziff)
    Big Blue trimmed back widened(Lee)
    Rock Waterfall.. same as above (Lee)
    Huge downed tree removed on NFS(Lee, Big Daddy Todd)
    8 trail built(Chris Murph, Lee, Big Daddy Todd)
    Deacon area(Lee, Ty & Chuck Kovach, Chris Murph)

I'm sure there was lot's more of minor details and thanks to all who maintained and helped on workdays/fundays... Loren & Jake, Joan & Shoe & Buddy, Canadian Chuck, Bill Kearney, Rick Becker, Texas Ted and many many more... throw up a shout if I missed ya!!!!!!!

The biggie...No one hurt either! Everyone was safe!

Great summer and the PM and park security and I have spoke many times and always the comment back to me is "Mt Bikers are Great!"

I would like to thank Clif Madrack park PM for use of all park equipiment and Duct Tape(Al) always having sharp chains on the saws, fuel, supplies, wood, advice, everything else, and the NEPMTBA "dedicated" chainsaw we were given! Park security for watcing over us with weather warnings and organization.

We at NEPMTBA are glad to see everyone using the park, as it is a grerat place no matter what form of recreation you favor.

Thanks for all the fun, work, and support, bring on fall, lot's of leave blowing to do...
    NEPMTBA
    WE BUILD TRAILS FOR EVERYONE... Ride the mOOn

Did you ever have ham?
    I just want to say how grateful I am for everyone that makes the riding at Moon Lake possible! Getting involved with mountain biking is the best thing that ever happened to me! I have lost some weight and gotten stronger, had more fun than should be allowed by law, and best of all it has been over two months since I had a cigarette and I am not going back....EVER!!! Thanks to all involved and for anyone that hasn't ridden at the Moon, I would like to extend an open invitation to come out and join us! If needed, trail maps are available at the park office. Forget all the BS going on in the world and get out and ride!!!

mtbr member

Thanks...

Hunting season has started....we'll be coming off the mountain to join you and ride the mOOn! Appreciate the update on changes and the hard work put in to keep mOOn a great place to ride. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    rode the trail off blue across from deacon awesome single track, you guys are awesome thanks for all your hard work

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Jeff:

It's all open, and roll'in into the fall(leaf blowing off the trails season...LOL), com'on on down!

Dave:

That's our newest trail called "8" ~ baby brother to 5858 and it circumvents the service rd.(aslo connects to Salamander and Deacon, so you can do more mini loops using it and sr rd. Makes for a fun new ride!

Here's a good one: Main Gate to Nature's Way right turn past Deacon trials area to Deacon trail(on left) to 8 to TTS, down TTS to NFS(lower) down to Flume, up 5858, back to Nature's Way, back to Main Gate. Lot's of tech and climbing

Be sure to check out the new wooden feature at Moon's Deacon trials area called "Nemisis" See if you can clean it voth ways!

We made over 60 more new signs so roaming around will be easier!

Please pass this on:

Remember the park closes at 6PM so park outside the main gate and night riding is allowed 365 days a year.

Thanks see ya soon...

Did you ever have ham?

Deacon Trials Picnic Table

And best of all, you can stop by Deacon and have a nice picnic! Sorry, no booze allowed at the mOOn LOL!