Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink The adventures of Ruger and Fee-Fee...

...while building trails today I see a very funny thing. Ruger taking Fee-Fee for a stroll. It just struck me as a great site cause Ruger is a much older dog and he took it in stride as to his owner giving him responsible of protecting Fee-Fee from harm. Fee-Fee can hold his own and Ruger never flinched when other dogs came around! Jimmy said Fee-Fee is really a cat but dressed as a dog so Ruger doesn't "EAT HIM"... LOL

I know what does it have to do with trails well... The Itchy Tire trail connection with High Noon is complete and it contains more of the famous Hunlocks Rocks... weeeeeeeee

pics a more tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-copy-imag0316.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Rocks, rocks, rocks, large, small, and most of all ROCKS!

The day was about 3 things: Itchy Tire gets nicked, flicked, and our yellow jacket friends were relocated from the trail, "ROCKS" at High Noon, and our newest trail "DR"

First 3 pics of the Itchy Tire extension leading to High Noon is complete and even has it's own multi-line 3 rock section(I did mention we ride Rocks at Hunlocks didn't I?) The rest of Itchy Tire including the VW rock ride section is all done... weeeeeeeee (we might bench stuff later????)
    ...nah just ride it

pics 4-6 The real fun, working in the sweltering heat moving around rocks that weighed, o, say thousands of pounds... it's all in the balance!

High Noon finally gets the really BIG SCARY line that it deserves, and don't worry it's right at the beginning, so missing it means a tail between the legs ride down the service road to the parking lot... LOL... there "is" a "sneak line" for non landscapers! Lucky the rock we used had 2 separate top rocks that could be moved off each side to provide ramps for a super large table top slab. Straps, comealong, large iron pry bars(which by the way both got bent) and even tiedowns to nearby trees finally yielded the bass turds to move. They were last moved by the glacier 100,000 years ago, much easier then... LOL

pic 7 Fat Dog took a rest after chasing a Moto through a ditch and he almost blew out his front forks!... Good Dog(just don't hug him)

no pics yet of DR... connected to Terminus Eldorado is our newest trail DR, lots of climbing and a great Top o the Ridge rock play area with many lines and huge slab rocks some as big as cars. And that's not even the top of the mountain yet. Then DR takes a stroll to the Licktop Rock(a massive outcrop bigger than a house) Epic, epic, epic!

Funny how all the Moto guys keep telling my their tires wear out really quick at Hunlocks!

More later gotta go ride it all...

ps... Hey Tony check the one pic see anything?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0317.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0318.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0319.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0320.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0322.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0324.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0323.jpg  

fps
    Fran"da man"
    Feb 2006

wow

Lee, ur blowin' me away!!! FANTASTIC!!
    Fran"da man"

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by fps View Post
    Lee, ur blowin' me away!!! FANTASTIC!!
    Fran"da man"
    LMAO

Jimmy and his orange shirt!

I think we need a trail called "your mom"

fps
    Fran"da man"
    Feb 2006

your mom

Yeah, "Your Mom" thats what she said.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

I asked her and she said:

"No name it "YOUR DAD"

Do you realize your third post has "your mom" in it!

Weeeeeeeeee

LMAO
    enough lets ride the mOOn already!

mtbr member
    Amazing work as usual Lee!!! Itchin' to get out there dude. Looking like the neon orange t-shirt design I did for Jimbo is makin' it's way (albeit small) into some of your shots.
    What can I design for you to get a trail named after me??
    Keep up the good work !!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinokev View Post
    Amazing work as usual Lee!!! Itchin' to get out there dude. Looking like the neon orange t-shirt design I did for Jimbo is makin' it's way (albeit small) into some of your shots.
    What can I design for you to get a trail named after me??
    Keep up the good work !!!
    You've already got the name for the next round of T-Shirts!

"I Rode -Your Mom- on the Rocks at Hunlocks"

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink What's really long and really skinny?...

... Line Nine...

pics 1-4

the newest line on the Woody. Prolly end up being a bit wider than 9 inches to encourage more to ride it, but we won't tell anyone will we? It's really good when you can use a fallen tree in 2 different directions and for two totally different line designs.

pic 5 Tony and Scott in the sweltering heat had the quad hooked up to straps to tune the Bikes of the Round Table rock at the intersection of High Noon and Itchy Tire. The top of this rock is so big and flat and you could park a car on it and still have room left for more.

More later...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0343.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0344.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0345.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0346.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0354.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ... This should put the thread over 1000 views...

... After the 1 hour torrential downpour everyone got to work...

Working on "Line Nine" in the Woody. Line Nine will be the first line to leave the SOB Woody area and connect with the upper mototrials area, where it can be looped back if you like or continue on upper SOB... confused yet?... LOL Riding it will sort it all out, I'm just being articulate!

The 2 machines arrived Friday to expand the pavilion area. It will be really nice when the MTB Weekend rolls around. Lots of tree cutting, stump removal, shuffling of dirt, and all that sourced lots of firewood too for the MTBW. I was drooling at the super skinnys being cut up though. No fear as more remain, especially on Hell Froze Over for the 2 way teeter totter(one each direction next to each other) Got that picture?... LOL

Making my job much easier Ray delivered a Suzuki King Quad to use with plans of adding a trailer to the back of it. Should come in really handy to get around the miles of logging roads to get stuff done. The Factory Ford Focus has been on some really scary rocks as of lately getting farther out to build trails.

We had a new guy stop by fron Jersey and he was totally blow away when he heard we have mt bike trails, also on the land. He saw the Woody and just smiled. Five bucks says when he visits next time the MTB is in the truck too.

In the one pic it looks like the "local dog union" got together and hired a contractor to dig up their dog bones!... LMAO

Good dogs!

Thanks to Brian and Stephanie for the great food, and to the rest for a good days work done!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0355.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0356.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0357.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0358.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0359.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0360.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0361.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0362.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0365.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0366.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 07-24-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Last 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0367.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0368.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks...

... to Ray for the use of this great Suzuki quad complete with winch, getting around is much easier with this unit.

Thanks again Ray!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks...

... to Ray for the use of this great Suzuki quad complete with winch, getting around is much easier with this unit.

Thanks again Ray!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-sany0263.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Stopped by after the race to do a little trail work in the rain...

... of course working on trails in the rain is a great way to see where the water likes to go!

After spending a few days at the drafting table, and looking at the land on topo maps trying to figure how to use this very "thin ridge trail area" I finally discovered a way to use it as a trail that will benefit us in 3 ways, rather than a hum drum rock crawling experience.

One, it will provide a connection with Itchy Tire, this allowing a direction change and open more areas to trails, without climbing a total mega rock infested hill...

Two, From the ridge trail going left opens up an area very similar to T-Rex 2 at the mOOn. Flowing connected turns that provide fun! Might even Lolli-pop it to reconnect with Itchy Tire and do laps!

Three, From the ridge trail going right puts the rider back in the rocks. Not a bad thing just a different type of terrain.

So there it is another new trail and area to add to the Hunlock's Rocks riding area. It's roughed in and will be open for the "Ride da rocks at Hunlocks MTB Weekend on October 1&2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0052.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0053.jpg  

mtbr member

hey lee

looking good, looks like alot of "wood" there and tech riding. anything fast & flowing?
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jkad View Post
    looking good, looks like alot of "wood" there and tech riding. anything fast & flowing?
    We have lots of diverse trails and woody, come check it out sometime!

More to come!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Hurricane........ baaa...

... just get wetter when it rains sideways... LOL

Biggest problem was getting there, roads blocked, one with 17 trees... so I helped cut trees out since I had the chain saw and fuel in the vehicle, even met one guy who asked about mt biking at mOOn, after our brief conversation while cutting trees off the road, then he asked me "where the hell I was going to" Told him to HCGA, to work and ride. You had to see the look on his face! A true believer

Got the new bridge built on Itchy Tire(IT) over the water line. Got it really level and smooth as to not deflect riders cause it is in a turn and up a bit, riding it puts you out over the view.

The Suzuki 4wd quad works great for hauling tools and lumber even if I can't get right on the trail near is close enough... Thanks again Ray!

Right after the bridge on IT the angled log over got a small ramp filler, should improve flow but yet hold interest as an object.

Sorry for a few blurry pics due to the rain, I'll get better ones next time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0054.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0055.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0057.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0058.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0059.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0060.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0067.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 08-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Trail work pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0062.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0061.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0063.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0064.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0065.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0066.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 08-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    way to go with the dedication (and community spirit)!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Hurricane pics of the Woody and Fat Dog...

... then the newest unnamed trail rock section!

It has a big table rock turn and a double line with zap gaps,(croutons not included) might drop a nut on this one... LOL

Ride da (hurricane proof) Rocks at Hunlocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-dscf1194.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-dscf1195.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-dscf1196.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-dscf1280.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-dscf1283.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0072.jpg  

NEPMTBA/HCGA trail construction and MTBW plans-imag0073.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 08-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.

RideDirt
    WOW... THAT is amazing work , dedication, and much loyalty . I wish NJ had more people like you and trails like this , its a shame since we have soo many mountains and nobody is creative up here. You guys looking to maybe add some DH kind of style trails? with some nice berms, drops, and 3-4 jumps ? WOuld be pretty sweet !

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Thanks for your great comments...

...I'll pass it on to the land owners also!

We have been looking at the property elevations and after the XC trails are done we plan to have a DH line or two. We have the wood to build also, good thing is its private property and owned by Moto guys so jumping is right up their alley, some of the moto trails have super ledge drops now, but in true moto style they usually slam right back up the next ridge, pretty much impossible on an MTB.

I hope you can gather a group in NJ someday. NJ has some of the greatest trails alll around. Have hit many of the H2H races got to see lots!

As soon as I hit the lottery for a realy big amount I will just ride around and build stuff for people to ride!

We have a mt bike weekend at the HCGA and Moon lake properties October 1-2 your invited, come ride, drink, and be hairy... LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The trees on FaT Fog are chainsawed out. The bottom section of High Noon is blown out and clear now. The Boardwalk section is blown clear and back to normal now too. I should be up there tomorrow and we'll see how much more can get cleared.

Lee, I have your gas can still too. I'll put it in the Red Building if I don't see you Monday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone planning to come up for the October 1-2 weekend please post here or PM me so I can get an understanding of how many people plan to come.

Thanks,

Scott
    Last edited by cr500; 09-04-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'll be there... LOL

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast