Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! NEPMTBA Frances Slocum/Moon Lake 6/28/09 Owe Pickers & T-Rex 1 more fun more more

Well... well now Trail work in 2 parks in one day! A record?

As trail builders who log a thousand plus hours/year doing our thing we have to brag once in a while especially when the day turns out so good and so much gets done, and so many will be happy happy happy with all the improvements!

1. Frances Slocum removal on Orange trail of Multi-flora rose or to mere humans "F-ING PICKERS"...LOL These baby's are relentless as the multi flora rose reproduces through three different processes: 1. seed, 2. root sprouts, and 3. layering from the canes. It's shallow roots can develop asexually into new plants! As the long arching canes touch the ground and make contact with the soil, roots begin to form new plants. I swear they grow as we watch. Here's the freek'in surprise, the thorns do not likely assist the multi flora in thriving in specific habitats, other than its defensive mechanism to reduce the ease of removal by human and other animals.(aka making trail builders grumble and mt bikers suffer the grab your arm when you ride by and inflict great pain, draw blood followed by itchy swelling leading to scratching, and trauma to your skin) Todd Moser owner of an alternative energy's business supplied a really trick solar/battery powered sawsall/jigsaw to remove pickers, thus using no fossil fuel to complete this task. Thanks Todd

2. Moon Lake, first, T-Rex 1 trail has been extended to allow a better transition to gain elevation, thus adding 100 yards of fun, and some very interesting sights along the way(the "U" tree). Todd Moser is an Iraq war veteran and aided in designing and building this trail addition since gaining his trail certification. Todd's used to making trails with "TANKS" Hejoined NEPMTBA in May to enjoy riding as well as stepping up to learn the ins and outs of trail building. In the future a connection will allow entrance to the local SR with T-Rex 1.

Second, Edge of the Ledge trail or "Edge" as it's known to the mOOn crew, Gaps on exit/entrance filled in, and some logovers removed...NO, THE CRAZY ANGLE CHAIN DROPPER IS STILL THERE, and never comin out! We Techies like it!

Third, T-Rex 2 trail (your favorite trail)is getting double the milage with more swoopy line switchback, BMX/Pump/Dirt jump style turns in phase two construction. It's not open yet and will require a bridge at the end to finalize it's connection. It will be done soon. Our friendly PM Clif with one "F" Madrak and Rec manager Andy Gegaris have offer to supply NEPMTBA with pressure treated lumber to construct this bridge, and DCNR's Loren and his son Jake Possinger our bridge design experts are on it as soon as the supplies arrive. Thanks all!

Fourth, NEPMTBA member Todd Moser spent 3 hours removing leaves with the back pack blower from the campground campsites on the T-Rex 2 side of the campground to assist in the reopening of camping this coming Thursday. NEPMTBA giving back...Thanks Wee Todd

Five, NEPMTBA member map guy Chris Murph spent hours in the park today on many different projects, updating GPS locales and Map logistics on the new Deacon trail, Watkins, and the other Nature's Way(Turkey trail). He is working on flow realignment on Moto, & Burts trails, and some music info he passed on is a feature of his professional mapping program says 97.9 FM should come in on Salamander trail for those wishing to dance around out there!...LOL. I wonder if our friend, Twisted Sisters, Dee Snider comes in clear? Speaking of Salamander and that side of the mountain. Chris is designing phase 2 plans to your fav off camber slammer trail coming soon on dirt, adding 2600 foot addition. Chris also donated and delivered to the park office a huge contractor box(millions of nails...LOL) for all our projects and some black plastic pipe. He's always thinking...Thank Chris Murph

Many thanks to all NEPMTBA members who came out today and always work very hard spending many hours stepping up to do what they do, and to Park officials/staff who always lend a hand to make mt biking better for all

Working towards 30 miles of trails...Oh ya, OF COURSE IT RAINED TODAY...

Attached Images Attached Images

Did you ever have ham?

30 miles?

I thought we were aiming for 40 miles of trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks lee and all who do the worknow if i can fit some maint days in my schedule i'll come out to help

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    I thought we were aiming for 40 miles of trails!
    Yes, Sir....ree Motoman465, and just think when we statred there were naysayers who said it would never happen! Haa!

Don't be surprised if 40 is reached and surpassed...

mtbr member
    I need to get to the moon!!!!!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

tanner44

Com'on up and ride.

Where have ya been hid'in?

I should add this month we hope to get many bridges built to help with trail flow and get us out of the splash zones...LOL