mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! NEPA Trailwork and Conditions

NEPA Trail Conditions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can click my signature at any time to get the latest updates on these awesome places to ride and updated trailwork!

NEPA conditions
    As of 10-1-07

Merli- We are going to start designing some new trails up Merli this fall and be building until the frost comes. There's 5 new sections we want to put in to avoid logging and access roads mainly. If you know the park, here's what we intend on doing.

A) From the field to Blade- There's a section of woods to the right of the quad path that we might be able to turn into ST. We'd keep the trail to the field as it is, but turn in from the field 50 feet from where you come out to it. It would come out right at blade.
    B) From the exit of Blade- Make a switchback turn to go up the old quad path for a couple hundred feet and make a right hand turn. This would eliminate the climb up the quad path that puts you out by the lake.
    C) A new line to avoid the logging road between the Old and New trail sections- There's a fun DH section after the climb from the lake. Unfortunatley, it takes you to the logging road. We're going to make a Left turn that will avoid the last DH and ride along a cliff.
    D) Eliminate the logging road decent at the end of the ride- I've searched around up there and found some fun lines I think we can incorperate.
    E)The section where the Orange meets Handlebar. The Orange needs to be re-routed down to the pond.

Prompton- Good to go! You can't park in the first lot for now, but you can "unofficialy" cross the dam. Some people have been doing so and were greeted. One person was told to get off the dam. You make the call.

Lackawanna SP- Good to go! Check out the latest trailwork done on The Abington Trail at the bottom of the "ski trail". One of the berms on the Frost hollow trail has been reworked to make it more flowy.

Francis Slocum- Great condition. Fast and Flowy with some log-overs to practice your technical skills on!

Hubbard- The new "Option-B" banked drop/jump has been finished (approx 1 foot) on The Bobcat Trail. Also, Jay (1-9) "Power-Line" is finished with a cool natural wood bridge at the end. This trail brings you back to the end of Bobcat for now, but will soon take you back to the intro of it so you can enjoy Option-B and another TTF soon to be added. We'll be riding this Thursnight.

Fahn
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 10-02-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Wrong title

Wizard of the Trail
    Was any of this accomplished at Merli's?
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Wow! A year and a half old! Well the Merli stuff was put on hold cause of the county. They want everything marked first and then they preview it to see how it looks. The "A" part is marked, but the Dept of rec guys never got back to us about it. I'll have to see about it after TNC's grand opening. "D" would be the following project. They siad we could mark it and they would check it out too, but that never came about. "E" prolly wouldn't go in cause Handlebar is now the normal trail. ttyl, Fahn

Wizard of the Trail
    Yeah Rob, I have been out of the loop. I was just curious if I was missing something. Thanks. I did email you.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Lar:

Thanks!