mtbr member

NEPA Trail Conditions

You can click my signature at any time to get the latest updates on these awesome places to ride and updated trailwork!

NEPA conditions
    As of 7-26-07

Merli- WOW!!! After 3 days of volunteer work put on by Hubbard bike club and NEPMTBA the West side of Merli is UNBELIEVABLE!!! The trails have been raked clear of all the leaves, twigs and branches that were on the trails. The Start Loop, Sqweeze Play, Handlebar, The Orange- from the start of it up to Handlebar and from the end of Handlebar all the way to the field, My Brothers Trail, Fox Rocks and Blade, and the trail from the field to the lake are all in mint condition!!! Don't forget to ride the newly constructed section that was laid out in December too! It's also partially groomed and getting beaten in nicely! These trails are "groomed", not to be confused with "sanitizized". Meaning we only raked out the trail so it's defined. No rocks were removed or shifted and roots were left in place too.

Prompton- Good to go! You can't park in the first lot for now, but you can "unofficialy" cross the dam. Some people have been doing so and were greeted. One person was told to get off the dam. You make the call.

Lackawanna SP- Good to go! Check out the latest trailwork done on Frost Hollow! 4-5 new switchbacks with berms and some TTF's. Including a 1 foot drop w/ a go around and a kicker option just after it! As expected, there's a possibility of some typical wet spots at the back side of the lake and in the lower elevations.

Francis Slocum- Great condition. Fast and Flowy with some log-overs to practice your technical skills on!

Hubbard- We'll be riding this Thursnight. So come check it out.

Fahn
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 07-26-2007 at 08:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Nice work on updating the conditions. 3 of us rode Merli yesterday, and I had to cut out before we hit the "new" stuff by old Connex and Porcupine Cliffs. Are there any new maps, because the old trails are still at the park office? I have a GPS on my steed, so I won't get too lost, but I like knowing kind of where we are incase you have to PUHA (pick up haul arse) outta there if someone is injured.

The trails we rode were in great shape, so a big thank you to all who worked them. Prompton last Sunday was also fantastic. A bit more mileage, and more strenuous than Merli. My Brother's Trail got the best of me 4 times yesterday. 87 degrees and muggy sapped me.

mtbr member
    We're in the process of doing a new trail map for the Steering commitee, so hopefully they can change the maps then.
    Me and Jay rode it last night and BOMBED the DH parts on Handlebar and the Orange trail, out to the field. We took Sqweeze Play, Handlebar, and Blade side loops and ended up at the lake and decided to go around the lake and hit the new stuff. It includes some of the old Orange loop and old Twister, with a lot of new stuff in between. I think we ended up around 9 miles or so. Maybe sometime next month we can groom the other side. IDK. ttyl, Fahn