mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Need someone to ride with in Philly Area!

Last year I moved down to North Wales Pa and have been riding Wissahickon as often as I can. I'm desperate to find a good group of people to ride with and get to know in the area. I've tried hanging around the parking lots and hooking up with groups but I wound up getting bored and going out solo.

I'd like to get involved in some local clubs or tag along on some group rides. Let me know if anyone is interested in having some new blood in their group.

Freshly Fujified

Keep checking the forum

Many of us post upcoming group rides. In fact, we're driving to Bethlehem on Saturday for a group ride. Send me a PM if you're interested in joining us. Other than that, lot's of posts for group rides at Wiss. Keep your eyes peeled.

Just curious-how did you find yourself getting "bored" on group rides? The reason I ask is that some of us aren't very accomplished riders (me specifically) and tend to slow down the group. If you need a group that will be fast paced, make sure you state that so that expectations are set. In any event, I'm sure you'll find some decent folks here to ride with, be they fast or slow.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wasn't getting bored on the group rides. I must have been in the parking lot at the wrong times and got bored of waiting for a group to try to hook up with. I'm never bored as long as I've got a fun group of people to ride with.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out here for upcoming rides. I sent you a PM about the group ride. I was going to be up in the Poconos this weekend and was thinking of riding in Jacobsburg but I'd be into meeting some new folks if the chance is there!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by brews
    Last year I moved down to North Wales Pa and have been riding Wissahickon as often as I can. I'm desperate to find a good group of people to ride with and get to know in the area. I've tried hanging around the parking lots and hooking up with groups but I wound up getting bored and going out solo.

I'd like to get involved in some local clubs or tag along on some group rides. Let me know if anyone is interested in having some new blood in their group.

Here is a ride you may be interested in. I've ridden with these folks from time to time and they are a great bunch. It's mixed in terms of skill, gender etc. but it's great. You can ride fast or slow. There are places they always wait for everyone to catch-up. You can do the whole ride(usually 1.5-2hrs) or ditch at whatever time you want. The ride happens every Thursday evening and often individual riders send out invites for group rides a various times. You can sign-up at ClubMTB.com
    Hope that helps.

ClubMTB.com MTB Ride Invitation for: Philly Freeriders

Date: Thursday, May 18, 2006
    Time: 5:45:00 PM
    Notes: The weather does not look good for this Thursday`s ride, but we could get lucky, so I will post it anyway. Meet at 5:45pm, wheels out at 6pm. Meet in the 2 parking lots next to Valley Green restaurant (on Forbidden Drive). Helmet is mandatory. Rain cancels. Contact Lisa Gares at 267-625-1013 or BikeSkateSki@comcast.net for more details.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by floydg68
    Date: Thursday, May 18, 2006
    Time: 5:45:00 PM
    hmmmm. i may stop down tonight if i can get permission to ditch outta the house for a few hours.