Freshly Fujified

Nat'l Trails Day at Valley Forge-June 2nd!

IMBA will be represented at National Trails Day at Valley Forge National Historical Park from 9 AM - 3 PM in the Betzwood recreational area. There will be a booth set up, and if anyone would like to stop out and give a hand manning the booth and in general being a steward for the mountain biking community, I would welcome the help. As it stands now, I will be manning the booth myself from 9-3, and I could use a break from the action, if someone has the time and inclination to help out.

For those of you who have a vested interest in seeing the trails re-opened at Valley Forge, this would be an ideal opportunity to get involved. After years of knocking on his door with no answer, the Superintendent at Valley Forge, Mike Caldwell has agreed to meet with the Eastern PA IMBA Representative, Joe Transue. We're hoping that other members of the mountain biking community will also be invited to this meeting. By showing up in force in support of IMBA on National Trails Day, we can show just how serious we are about the trails issue, and put forth a positive image as responsible members of the outdoor sports enthusiast community. Whether you can volunteer or not, please stop by and say hello in a show of support.

In addition to supporting IMBA and Valley Forge, there is a full schedule of outdoor activities planned for the day. More information can be found on the events section of the web site for Valley Forge National Historical Park.

http://www.nps.gov/vafo

I can be reached at CallmeClyde@gmail.com if you are able to help out.

Thanks,

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Imagine what a win it would be to get VF opened back up to mountain biking after all the roadblocks they have thrown up. This nonsense has been going on for more than 10 years.

It would also be real nice followup to all the great publicity around sustainable trails and maintenance that has been happening at Wissahickon and at French Creek and the new singletrack at Salisbury...I'm sure there are lots more great examples of same...

Thanks Clyde!
    "Whether it be an abrasion or a mental breakdown, everyone suffers in one way or another." ORAMM Disclaimer

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey Bob,

I should definitely be stopping by to say Hi as long as I didn't screw up my achilles tendon bad enough to keep me from running this weekend. I'm generally at Betzwood every Saturday morning.

Freshly Fujified

Sounds good

Healing vibes out to you, Leo. Hope to see you Saturday.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member

New question here.

Clyde, Way to go. Im usually down there every weekend on the road bike taking either path, but will be out of town this weekend, keep us posted!

Freshly Fujified

Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by mf9point8
    Clyde, Way to go. Im usually down there every weekend on the road bike taking either path, but will be out of town this weekend, keep us posted!
    Either Joe Transue or I will continue to post updates on progress at VF!

Bob