mtbr member

My New Coverted SS

I originally converted my Superfly to a 1x9...I race a single speed Rig...well now I'm going to be racing my new converted SS Superfly...I put my I-9's on it too, it is down to 21.5 LBS. now...raced it yesterday and it rode VERY well...very fast too...easy to handle, it was quick through some twisties....should be fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It looks fast, cool bike!

mtbr member
    It rode pretty good yesterday...will do a few rides this week...tomorrow at Patapsco and then Wed. at Iron Hill...both fun SS rides...the new Fisher geometry is pretty quick handling...have been noticing that over my Fisher Rig...

Ed

mtbr member
    Nice. Do you have a conversion kit from 9 speed? Whats a good one. I have the one from Wheels Inc. thats been working well for me. I'm sure theres better ones....

mtbr member
    No conversion kit, just took the I-9 off my Rig and then sized the chain as close as possible, then threw on a Singalator to tension the chain...the front was done with a Spot 34 tooth...
    Ed

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Sweet ride man.
    Love the clean lines. Can't wait to get another bike to convert it to SS

mtbr member
    Well it had been going well on two rides...and then last night happened!!! Went to Iron Hill to try out the layout for the race on the 16th, and on a short little steep climb the chain couldn't handle the torque...snap...went the chain, fortnately it was right at the half link that I added so that told me alot....new chain...no half link...used my tensioner without having to have the half link.... That or..."dude your way to strong"...hahahaha

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Try a track or BMX chain. Go for the thickest one they make. They will hold up forever. I use one on my ss road and mtn bike for the last two years and i have lots of climbing where i live in NEPA and so far no problems. The bike looks sweet. I saw two guys racing in Mount Snow in the Pro Short Track race with bikes set up like yours. Are you using a ss rear hub?

Chris

mtbr member
    the I-9's I have are not SS specific...your the 2nd person that said to go with a "heavier" chain...I'll give it a try.

Ed