Thread: My best vid yet

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

My best vid yet

Got a new GoPro 2. This is Trail A-1 at Swatara state park, my favorite trail there. My other vids seem to have a very washed out color so I took the little bubble cap off the housing and taped my camcorder's polorizing filter over the opening. It works!

I'm obsessed with good sound too, (Do NOT like music on my vids), and the GoPro fails hard there with low quality sound that feels like you're inside the housing. I bought an Audio Technica Pro24-CM microphone and drilled out a hole in the housing so I could plug it into the GoPro, but the microphone apparently has the wrong bias and all I get are squeaky sounds. Grrr. I emailed GoPro, they said tough luck and reccomended some mono mikes that I don't want. So now I put my Sony camcorder in my backpack and have the microphone taped to the shoulder harness. Bit of a pain, but the sound is great and I just combine the video and sound in Sony Vegas.

As far as the shaky-ness, this is as good as I can get it until I invent a gyroscopic chest harness mount. :P You kinda get used to it I think.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Great vid. 1 of my favorite places to ride. The whole trail system has all you need. Some speed, turns, up and down hill sections. Just enough to make you work but still enjoy doing it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Great video. I am going to have to try the polarization filter trick, that looks great!

Just a tip to eliminate shakiness... I have a headtube mount for my GoPro. Amazing how smooth it is...

Not to thread jack (shoot me a pm and I will remove these if they start to take away from your thread for any reason), but here are two of my videos shot with a headtube mount.:

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Great video. I am going to have to try the polarization filter trick, that looks great!

Just a tip to eliminate shakiness... I have a headtube mount for my GoPro. Amazing how smooth it is...

Not to thread jack (shoot me a pm and I will remove these if they start to take away from your thread for any reason), but here are two of my videos shot with a headtube mount.

I Like the videos where you see between the handle bars. Can you tell me how you did that in your Sonoran Desert Preserve video? It's exactly what I want.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzoblue View Post
    I Like the videos where you see between the handle bars. Can you tell me how you did that in your Sonoran Desert Preserve video? It's exactly what I want.
    That was just the standard GoPro Chesty. I get mixed results with it though. Sonoran Desert Preserve is a really smooth track, so not too bouncy. When I used the chesty here in PA (although Swatara might be OK with it) I get a lot of bumpiness...