mtbr member

My 4year old son

My son Jake just turned 4 on 9/23 he has been riding his TWO wheeler for a while now.
    I have been taking him out for longer rides, three miles...he is doing great
    Nothing like a bragging father...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mw57Ud74Z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ND6iTZSfYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808yZc8RYsY

In case you're wondering about the "pink" tire...he blew out two rear tires from skidding
    the only replacement around was from his sisters bike

mtbr member
    Get them started while there young! That is awesome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    When I saw the skatepark bit, I was worried that you were one of those guys that takes their kids to a busy skatepark and just lets their young kid loose without telling him to watch out for other riders.

good thing you arent. I've had too many experiences with kids that just don't know whats going on putting themselves and everyone else in danger. But it looks like you are teaching him some good things early on. I always brag about how I started early, but i dont think I was shredding it like that when I was that young.

mtbr member

Whoa....

4 years old!!! that in itself is amazing....doing the ramps and dirt riding....we will be reading about him in Mt Bike Action and Dirt Rag at some point....very cool. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Jkad

Nice...Very Nice... you "ARE the proud poppa!

mtbr member

thanks

He was riding with training wheels, and doing alot of skidding, so I had to change the tires and decided to let him try riding without the training wheels and within two minutes he picked it up. Also rides the scooter well.

mtbr member

Very Cool

Isn't just a great feeling when you get to go ride with your kids...

My son Turner was off his training wheels at 2 and racing BMX at 3 1/2. It is a blast to watch them. He is now 8 and still racing. He wants a Mountain bike for Christmas so we are getting him a 12 inch frame with 26 inch wheels...He can ride his mom's 15 inch with the seat slammed so he should be ok on the 12 inch...

His sister Tara on the other hand has no interest in taking her training wheels off or racing. She just turned 4. I am not going to push her and let her ride at her own pace. Everybody learns at a different level and I don't want her to lose the enjoyment she has riding by pushing her off her training wheels...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I too have a son that started at 4,he's almost 6 now and loves to ride.We live by a pretty busy 2 lane highway so most of his riding is in the yard and some easy dirt trails I take him on.
    He is always watching me try new things in the yard and I love watching him try them to.

my fun has a hurting
    time to get him one of kona's kids bikes!

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    Jakey Boy!!!

trail addict
    that is really impressive, thanks for sharing
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.