mtbr member

mtb trails near Blue Rocks???

My friends and I have been camping at Blue Rocks for many years and always do the different hikes they have. Does anyone know of any mtb trails in the area? We've taken our bikes before and not really found anything other than cruisin arond some back roads (which we still had a great time doing..)
    I'm assuming that the AT and other hikes we do are primarily for hikers not riders, plus those trails are not quite rideable anyway in many areas. If anyone knows of anything we appreciate it! Jim.
    And a good day to you sir!

mtbr member
    Blue Marsh is a 20-25 min car ride from Kempton area. You can ride the access to AT from Hamburg Water Authority reservoir out to the pinnacle. 4 miles up and a scream coming down. Neither are right at Blue Rocks...not sure what you consider close by or what you are looking for..

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    There use to be quad trails along the bottom of the Mtn. that you could get from Blue Rocks over to the Hamburg Reservoir. Many years ago we used to snowmobile from the reservoir over to Blue Rocks and get up to the old Ski Slope from there. It has been many years (20+), and would guess they are grown in or were planted with new homes.

From the reservoir there is a fair bit of riding, just not much singletrack. You can get to the Pulpit Rock and the Pinnicle as mentioned or go the otherway (west) to the State Forest land and all the way to the Fire Tower and Drehrsville or over to Hawk Mtn. We used to ride horses on the Hawk Mtn side. Like I said lots of fire road riding to be had.

Here's a snowmobile map of the Fire Tower area, the Pinnicle trail will take you over to the Reservoir.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/FORESTRY...8PoClinton.gif

Enjoy, Mike