mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Mt. Penn and Skyline Bikes

Hey southeast PA riders!

I just wanted to share a good experience with a LBS that totally changed my day, it's a good example of how the biking community can be strong and positive.

I drove an hour to ride at Mt Penn yesterday and when I got to the parking lot I realized I forgot my helmet! Of course, I would never ride that place without one, so I drove back into town to Skyline Bikes, and the guy there told me that his loner helmet (cool to hear he had one) was not returned sometime in the past. Then he called his son and asked him if he had any helmets I could borrow, which the son said yes, and he had no problem letting me (a stranger) borrow a nice helmet. So I went and rode and had a great time and returned the helmet afterward. I'm in no way affiliated with the bike shop, but that experience is worth recognizing, and the least I can do is at least put in a good word for them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Kenny and Ryan are straight up guys, "Love The Ride"! we are a Mtn bike community and take care of each other,glad you got your ride in! check out BAMBA our IMBA chapter and hook up with other great guys and riders!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    It's what Some of Us already know! Kenny closed the shop this Winter to save some of us from Freezing To Death after a mechanical, picked us up and drove us Home with the HEAT ON HIGH! SKYLINE BIKES for sure!!