AKA jbev88

New question here. Mt. Gretna Questions

Plan on hitting it up for the first time ... looking for some reviews of the system. THANKS!
    Jeff "Bevo"

mtbr member
    Nice little area for xc riding, IMO. No climbs are more then a quarter mile long though. It's not an epic ride, I can get 12-15 miles without reriding anything. Riding the parameter is about 10 mi. There's some pretty hard technical if your into that sort of thing (check out my vid here about the 10th post from the top. Also check out the trail reviews on this site. The place takes a couple days to dry out after a substantial rain and the rocks get real slippy when wet.
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well said Man from Utopia.

IMO Gretna is only worth doing if you hit 15. Aside from that, there is really no climbing, and not much tech. But it's a great little place if you hit 15. More of us upper body workout than a leg/lung burner. 4 is also worth hitting, but be careful as there are some pretty big hits on that one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The place is much bigger than most people know about. I'd start exploring the Gov. Dick side and hit trails 4, 13, 15 like they said above^ If you want to know more about the other side of the road, it's best to ride with a local that knows more about the other trails. Have fun!
    Spinnin' & Grinnin'

AKA jbev88
    "Rock" on! Thanks! Been doing some reading up and 15 seems to be where it is at. Looks like you can get a decent amount of mileage in but will need to loop it. It's a bit of a ride, but wanting to hit new systems if nothing more than to add it to the list.

Governor Dick Maps - best map?
    Jeff "Bevo"

banned
    Apr 2009
    Just go to Rocky Ridge (in York)--it is like 15 miles of Trail 15 at Gretna.

And those are the marked trails. There is the sweetest singletrack between trail 5, 5a, 5b and 5c there (connecting all those trails)---an it is pretty smooth in those sections compared to the rest.. Rocky Ridge is the 'most fun' technical trail I have ridden!

mtbr member
    I'll agree that this trail is leaning towards XC more.