mtbr member

Moving to York, PA Any decent trails??

Hey everyone,
    Just curious if there are any local trails that are decent.
    I am coming from NH.
    Used to rocky rooty single track stuff up,down, flat whatever just want to firmiliarize myself with the area before the move just so i know what im getting into. Thanks ahead of time for any help/information. Cheers !!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    York is lucky enough to have three county parks within driving distance to ride at. You'll be right at home with the rocky rooty trails. Rocky Ridge is appropriately named. William Kane County Park (ie the lakes) offers an almost 15 mile loop around 2 lakes with some nasty climbs, and Spring Valley has short climbs thru varying types of trails. The parks website is http://ycwebserver.york-county.org/Parks/index.htm

Be sure to check out YAMBA the local mtb club. We maintain and build the trails at the three parks, have two weekly ride, assorted night rides, and other special events such as time trial race in the spring and a poker ride and cook out in the fall. www.yamba.org

I'll post up pics and a map of RR later if you would like. You'll find others here on the board that frequent York parks especially RR.

mtbr member
    awsome information thank's much!
    Pics are greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Pics

Rocky Ridge GPS map

Rocky Ridge

The Lakes

Spring Valley

mtbr member
    wow thanks again for the pics i cant wait to hit up the trails

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

I make the drive to ride Rocky Ridge.

I live just in Lancaster Co. The eastern most side.
    I ride mostly in Chester/Berks/Philly though.
    I have a couple of friends that introduced me to RR.
    WELL worth the drive for me to pick up my riding buddy in Lancaster and do the drive west from there to RR to ride. About 40 min total for me. I'm still learning the place but it's pretty darn good!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You can check out yamba.org . They are the york area mountain bike association.

I have also ridden rocky ridge and really like it. Plus it is fairly close to home.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Also, for long, generally flat, rides there is the Heritage Rail Trail. Not really MTB stuff, but a nice place to ride none the less. The trail starts in York City, travels south 21 miles to the Maryland line, then continues another 20 miles south into Maryland as the NCR trail:
    http://bikewashington.org/trails/ncr/ncr.htm

http://www.yorkcountytrails.org/heritagemap.html