eci

Moving back to the Poconos, trail beta

I'm moving back to the area after living in Colorado for the past 8 years. Was wondering how the xc trails were looking at big pocono and glen park?

Anything else new in the past few years?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Try doing a search here on MTBR...

...you'll find lots of info!

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Try doing a search here on MTBR...

...you'll find lots of info!
    Great to see that the association that promotes mountain biking in NEPA would rather direct you somewhere else than give you direct answers

And yes i did look but no real beta in the past 6 months of anything worthwhile... And since you guys have had 60 degree weather for the past few weeks i'd expect people getting back out on their bikes and riding trails.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz View Post
    Great to see that the association that promotes mountain biking in NEPA would rather direct you somewhere else than give you direct answers

And yes i did look but no real beta in the past 6 months of anything worthwhile... And since you guys have had 60 degree weather for the past few weeks i'd expect people getting back out on their bikes and riding trails.
    Woah... I didn't direct you anywhere else, but right here on MTBR, if you looked at the top of the PA forum there are also "Stickys" with lots of info! Why the agressiveness, I didn't know you already did a search, I offered you a start by doing a search at your own pace?

I ride all the time, lots of pics are here for your enjoyment, plus your always welcome to join us!

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Woah... I didn't direct you anywhere else, but right here on MTBR, if you looked at the top of the PA forum there are also "Stickys" with lots of info! Why the agressiveness, I didn't know you already did a search, I offered you a start by doing a search at your own pace?

I ride all the time, lots of pics are here for your enjoyment, plus your always welcome to join us!
    Can you answer these specific questions re the poconos?
    Was wondering how the xc trails were looking at big pocono and glen park?

Anything else new in the past few years?

Thanks!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Rode Big Pocono last fall...

...trails were great, and they added more climbing routes in the last few years. I hit the Lower North and South trails.

Glen Park, seems to have more interest recently compared to years back, some one cut new singletrack. The new bike shop near there is Vertical Earth, and it seems with lots of trails to explore, every time I ride there I find a different way to ride it, always fun. I park by the baseball field and never had a problem.

Glen Park

How to (and not to) do a rock drop gap - Glen Park (Stroudsburg, PA)

VMB
    Plenty to ride in the Lehigh Valley: Salisbury Township(Walking Purchase Park), South Mountain Emmaus, Bear Creek Ski Area, and Trexler Nature Preserve (new trail system). Check out Home | VMB - Lehigh Valley, PA Mountain Bike Club We also do regular group rides through the week if you're into that.

Lets ride!
    Aug 2011
    Nice to see Big Pocono State Park is getting some rides in. I visited the trails (hiking) at the end of last summer to check out the terrain. Looking to take a ride one of these weekends. I often find myself riding Mcdade trail on 209 near Dingmans Ferry, in Pike County due to the fact i live 10 min away from it lol. It's decent for some xc riding or some single track sections, but i'm looking for a bit more aggressive riding now. If anyone is interested in meeting for a ride one of these weekends in the Pocono area hit me up. I'm always down for a nice trail.

mtbr member
    Also tons of nice xc in the Mtn top area (not far from Pocono) would be glad to have you
    join a ride. Just PM anytime your interested.
    Joe
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "