mtbr member

Mountain Biking Team/Club in Philly Area

I've recently started trying my hand at racing, Mid-Atlanctic Super Series, and while I've been enjoying myself I'm not exactly threatining the leaders. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any clubs or racing teams, in the greater Phlly area, that you can join with little or no racing experience. Although I have a regular group of guys I ride with it's more about enjoying the ride, bringing out newbie's to show them the sport, and stopping at the top of a hill if you're tired. Which doesn't exactly lend itself to training for the next race.

Any help/hints/or suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Conshohocken if that helps.

Thanks!
    David.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Good job!

Hey bro,

Myself and a couple of friends have a small team running out of Ardmore Bike Line. There's about 10 or so of us that ride and race together, both mountain and road. A couple of us are very active in the MA Super Series. One of our guys took second in the overall Sport class last year.

Right now it's not a well-organized team, it's more of a bunch of guys that race under the same jersey. However we're beginning to become organized. We're looking for new sponsors, getting new uniforms, and looking to organize a couple of cyclocross races this fall and some road races in the spring.

We're always welcoming new riders, so if you want to meet up with and ride sometime, you're more than welcome! This weekend we're all heading down to the Fair Hill race in Maryland (if it doesn't get rained out). If you see one of our guys, just ask for Al (that's me) and we can talk. I'll be racing in the Sport class that day. You can also email me at alvaro.arnal@villanova.edu if you want more info. Hope to talk to ya!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Smile belmont on thursdays

There is a long standing group ride/race at belmont plateau, 6:30 on Thursdays. The course is set nowadays by either ed bush, john brown, les leach or mike yozell, all respected local racers. if you are in conshy, you'd fight traffic down 76 to the montgomery ave exit, and go right uphill to the first right onto the platt. take the road all the way back and you will see everyone gathering under the big oak by the edge of the field. you can expect 12 to 30 folks, from slow to fast, but the fast are very fast.
    its a good way to get your race head on without fees or the added pressure, etc.

e mail me if you need more info.

mc