Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I am riding Sunday meeting at 1030am church rd lot if u are up for a cold windy possible snowy ride

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    If you mean tomorrow, I will be at White Clay Creek State Park in DE. early start, 8 am
    If you had a pet monkey that knew karate, what would you name it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Re: Mountain biking in reading

Anyone riding this weekend?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Looks like Bikergirl69, myself, Jkad and possibly a few others are hitting up Mt Penn Sunday, only day I can make it this weekend. Of course this depends on the weather. Keep you posted.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Sounds good I can do sunday

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    is anyone going out tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There is about 8 of us leaving from the fire tower lot at 11am. We r all trail riders. No big jumpers or downhillers. Welcome to join us. We r from the hazleton and wilkes barre areas.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Be aware that conditions are muddier then traditionally on Mt Penn,please choose trails with care!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Cool,I'll meet you guys there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'd like to say thanks to all the riders who showed for sundays ride at mt penn. Thanks to our ride leaders. Great job by all and looking forward to the next ride. To jkad and friends : sorry u got there when we finished. We give u a guided tour next time. Lots to see.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    For our first time there it’s obvious there is a passion for biking in the reading area, trails are well maintained. There was a lot to take in, and many trails to choose from, we rode to Rotory park and from there made a nice loop back to some sick skinnys & techy rocks.
    A broke seat post made for a looong standing climb back to the cars, but it was worth it. 7.11miles
    Looking forward to riding it again with someone who knows the terrain. If there is ever a “work day” my friends and I would definitely be willing to drive down to help.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    had a blast on sunday cant wait to ride there again

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I had a good time Sunday! Rocks, Rocks and more Rocks! Also went over the handle bars for the first time "GREAT"

fish
    Oct 2012
    Lol!!!!!Ive gotten used to doing that. Definately a great ride for this time of year. It was nice to meet more mt bikers who braved the cold. Thanks to our tour guides and BAMBA for the nicely groomed trails..Kudos!!!!! Lookng forward to our next MtPenn ride!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Jim, sorry didn't get back to you I'm going to go over to Blue Marsh.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Hopefully I can join next time had alittle problem at my shop.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know where I can find a map of the Mt. Penn Trails?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 98whitemax View Post
    Hey what up everyone I just got a mtb and looking for places to ride in or near reading pa. Also would like to meet new friends to ride with.

I just got me my first mtb. Its a trek 29er. And im looking to get on this bike as much as possible. Thanks for the help and any suggestions.
    Also check out swatara creek state park some nice mtb specific loops there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeter44 View Post
    Jim, sorry didn't get back to you I'm going to go over to Blue Marsh.
    Berks County Parks has mostly spur road mapping for Anitietam side,couple single of track.Mt Penn is mostly ride and explore and is intended to stay that way.there are some marked trail like the Gravity Trail and can get a map from the Conservancy and a few others but no maps that I know of.best to contact BAMBA and coordinate a ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    Thanks for the link as well. I'm a Wyo. grad from many, many years back and sometimes browse the PA forum. Following the link, I discovered that an old high school friend is listed as the contact for BAMBA, Fred.
    It is great to see that mountain biking has become popular in Berks County. In the early 70s, my dad was one of the founders of the BCBC (Berks County Bicycle Club), when I caught the biking bug. That was so long ago, Motobecane was a very high end ride. Now-a-days I'm nearly 100% dirt, and living in Durango Colorado makes that pretty easy.
    PM me if any of you Berks folks find yourself out here, I just may be able to show you a ride or two ... but I won't be responsible for supplemental O2.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Guy's, I'm going out to Blue Marsh tomorrow,starting at State Hill boat docks (top parking lot)I'll be there at 9:30. If anyone want's to join me your more than welcome!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey Jeter, which loop do you plan on doing? The whole thing, or just the bigger half?
    If you had a pet monkey that knew karate, what would you name it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you guys sure those trails are not hub deep in mud right now?

i'd check before making the trip...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I thought I would start behind the rest rooms and loop around to the top where we started then maybe go over to the spill way and back.I can only stay out tops 1 1/2

I biked it Tues.it wasn't 2 bad.

mtbr member
    Hey a few of us are riding blue marsh sat 3/9 Meeting at church rd lot 10 30 am if any one wants to join us they are welcome we might do the whole lower lake loop approx 24 miles depends how we feel first chance at a long ride this year for most guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast