mtbr member

Good job! Mountain Bikers Christmas Party !

Oh yeah, believe it or not it's getting to be that time already. I mean, where did the season go?

Anyway, what better way to top off a great and fantastic riding season for all involved than getting everyone together under one roof for a great time!

The annual "Mountain Bikers Christmas Party" this year will be held at the Checkerboard Inn on Carverton Road in Shavertown on December 4th start at 6pm and running until 10. Instead of individual ordering like we did last year we figured we'd just go with a menu and one set price. The menu is simple, as it seems Pizza, Wings & Stromboli seems to be the most liked at these things, plus soft drinks, for $13.00 per person. Yes, beer and mixed drinks are available..all you need to do is walk to the bar and order. Keep in mind it is a cash bar and it is not included in the $13 price.

Like last year, we're gonna have all sorts of prizes and hopefully we can drag out Frank from IMBA again...he put on a great presentation & I'm sure Lorne Possinger can enlighten us with tales of how well DCNR is moving along with trail work/trails in the state.

As stated, this is for ALL the groups and individuals throughout the state. Everyone is welcome and we hope to see as many as possible. We've decided to move it this year to the Checkerboard, but in fairness to all the immediate local area groups we will host it in the MountainTop area for next year. In short, we'll move it around each year.

If you're planning on attending, just email me back at Plainsbike@epix.net and let me know how many or just post up here if you want.

Directions to the Checkerboard are right here:
    http://www.checkerboardinn.com/contact.html

Hope to see you all there!

Kevin at Plains Bike
    Facebook.com/Plains Bike Shop

mtbr member

Nice Job .....

......We enjoyed the Christmas Party! Thank you for the time effort involved in putting together the event. Great to connect with so many riders from the area. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    We agree!!! A great time was had by all. Thank you for planning and hosting the party.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Buddy and Jeff, Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by at the party. Great time seeing and taking to everyone.

Thank you to the local shop who gave the raffle prizes.

Around Town Bicycle
    Cedar Bike
    Main Bike
    Plans Bike

To see more photos from the party follow this link

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?t=739

Thank you again to everyone and have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association
    www.wvmtba.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Mtn Bike Christmas party

Thanks to all who I and my girlfriend met, and to all who made is feel welcome. We were really glad we came from Hazleton to the party. Had a blast and look forward to future rides and more great times together. Thanks and we(Mike and Deb) wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64
    Thanks to all who I and my girlfriend met, and to all who made is feel welcome. We were really glad we came from Hazleton to the party. Had a blast and look forward to future rides and more great times together. Thanks and we(Mike and Deb) wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
    Glad to hear that Deb and youself injoyed the party. We are a layed back group of riders and friends. Check out the WVMTBA site for future rides and events. Next year you won't have to drive so far for the Christmas party we are planning to have it in Mt Top.

Hope to see you out on the trail.

Chris
    WVMTBA