mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Mountain Bike Trail Recs in Macungie/Allentown?

I'll be in my hometown of Macungie for several days this weekend. Having, only having started mountain biking after moving to SoCal, any recommendations on 25-35 mile rides in the area for someone who gets easily lost (i.e. well marked trails or trails with clear intersections and easily found directions)? Trying get some mileage in for training for the Whiskey 50. Any recommendations on short loops for laps would be great too! Seeing that nationals are in Macungie this year, I'm guessing there must be some good trails

mtbr member

Bear Creek

Quote Originally Posted by wendybikes View Post
    I'll be in my hometown of Macungie for several days this weekend. Having, only having started mountain biking after moving to SoCal, any recommendations on 25-35 mile rides in the area for someone who gets easily lost (i.e. well marked trails or trails with clear intersections and easily found directions)? Trying get some mileage in for training for the Whiskey 50. Any recommendations on short loops for laps would be great too! Seeing that nationals are in Macungie this year, I'm guessing there must be some good trails
    Bear Creek is in Macungie.....They will be hosting the mountain bike national championships this year......The loop is very easy to follow, but very hard to ride....It will be a challenge for the big guns this summer....There are a lot of sweet trails in the Allentown area.....But, in my opinion....Just go to Bear Creek.....it's tough, but you'll love it.
    Just Freakin' Ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Macungie area trails/singletrack

...Bear Creek, Salisbury, South Mtn Emmaus, Trex, Nockamixon. If you want to stay within 30 min drive all that I listed except Nockamixon apply.
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbxcrider View Post
    Bear Creek is in Macungie.....They will be hosting the mountain bike national championships this year......The loop is very easy to follow, but very hard to ride....It will be a challenge for the big guns this summer....There are a lot of sweet trails in the Allentown area.....But, in my opinion....Just go to Bear Creek.....it's tough, but you'll love it.
    What? The mountain bike national championships are going to be held at Bear Creek, PA? Really. Are you sure they are not at Bear Creek, CA?
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The Mid-Atlantic Super Series finale I do believe is at Bear Creek, Macungie. In any event, if OP likes techy trails, its good. I would personally hit up Salisbury if I could only do one ride all weekend
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    The Mid-Atlantic Super Series finale I do believe is at Bear Creek, Macungie. In any event, if OP likes techy trails, its good. I would personally hit up Salisbury if I could only do one ride all weekend
    No, you were right in your original post. I just checked it out. The US national Championship is going to be held in Bear Creek, PA. Pretty interesting. Thanks for pointing this out. Going to make sure I go and check it out.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.