Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Did you ever have ham?

Mountain Bike Evolution?

I now this is probably going to create a little backlash with certain people, but as a moto guy who is into renewable energy I found this to be very interesting. A Swiss company called Quantya is producing these electric motorcycles and they are sponsoring an all electric enduro in Copenhagen to showcase the green capabilities of these bikes and others during the UN Climate Change Conference.

California is currently evaluating these machines for use in their state parks. Over the long run, the bikes will save money from the fuel budget and be less of an impact on the environment. Cool!

If you are interested to learn more, check out the site:

http://www.quantyausa.com/about-press-20081101-2.php

If you are not interested, sorry to have wasted your time with this thread. I am sure you will find something else to your liking elsewhere!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Moto:

I totally agree and after riding the Zero at Twin Creeks MX and elsewhere Electromoto(EMX) is going to be huge!. The Zero held it's own racing with the fuel motorcycles, of course having a national champ racing it wasn't a minus...LOL I hope the offer of 1500 dollars back if you purchase a Zero EMX from Uncle Sam continues for 2010

In my own venue my EMXer provides me with great transportation to and from work, quiet, reliable, and cost effective. To compare it takes a half gallon of fuel($1.50) to do so every day in the car(and it's fuel efficient), with the EMX it takes only 1 cent.

I have a meeting with a rep who distributes EMX vehicles and I will keep everyone informed as to the progress, but for now visit CBXman in Edwardsville, Pa and talk to Dennis.

NEPMTBA
    ELECTRONS ARE COOL

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey, I got an idea! How about bicycles that don't have any motors at all?!
    I have one........It's called a mountain bike. I guess that's why I came on this site in the first place. I'm confused now.

Did you ever have ham?

Mountain Bike Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by blumarvel
    I have one........It's called a mountain bike. I guess that's why I came on this site in the first place. I'm confused now.
    WOW!

Did you ever have ham?

Mountain Bike Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    WOW!

Yeah, I got one of those mountain bikes, too! I also have two motos!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yep,it's called cross training and be open minded to new things.Won't see much of that around here.Just ignorant comments!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Hey bluveiner

Moto posted a disclaimer in his first post, but I guess you missed it, by the way riding around in 1969 Plymouth Hemi Roadrunner must be great for the environment huh?

Hey, I got an idea! How about I drive the Roadrunner and you could ride your bike behind it and breath the wonderful fumes?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Sorry motorcycle guys. Did'nt think you would cry about it so hard, so I'll leave you alone now. However, if you ONLY knew what the Ford Model T / Hemi Roadrunner thing was really about! It's my own personal inside joke.
    PoisonDogFart

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Sorry motorcycle guys. Did'nt think you would cry about it so hard, so I'll leave you alone now. However, if you ONLY knew what the Ford Model T / Hemi Roadrunner thing was really about! It's my own personal inside joke.
    No prob here!: We're not just Moto guys, rather open minded about good conversation and fun stuff.thumbsup:

Both are very desirable rides considering no 1908 Ford Model Ts were produced(correct me if I'm wrong on that one) I thought the 1909 was the first year for the Model T sold to the gen public, even though they were produced in 1908. My grandfather owned a coal company and had new cars as a kid my father would tell of Grandpas back then new ride with a new auto innovation like a "heater" or a "hand driven windshield wiper"... LOL So, did Henry Ford have a personal 1908 for himself?

Have seen and driven Hemi stuff, but don't remember a 69 Hemi Roadrunner, how few were made? Both holy grail?

A friend is restoring a 70 Roadrunner, pistol grip, 383. nice ride even though it's sans Hemi, another friend in Fla is doing the resto thing on a 67 Hemi Charger, non matching numbers of course, but nice also!

Since it's Motomans thread and he's a pretty open minded cool guy who likes mixed conversation, I'm sure he won't mind the off topic auto rap!

Most of the open minded stuff on here is by guys like us who don't just MTB but ride Moto, EMX, Snow, Water, whatever... even hit the drags once in a while. One of our local guys is Joe Amato. This past summer he hosted an old school venue at Pocono drag lodge. Lot's HEMI equipped stuff, but no 1908 model T's.

Hope ya find one though!

Did you ever have ham?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You're absolutely correct about the 1908 Model T, and that's part of what I found so funny about it. Some other jack ass is who origionally mentioned it as a 1908 in an analogy that he used to describe to everyone else on a different forum how big a pile of crap my oldschool suspension fork was. I would explain better, but it's too deep.
    I just want to say that I'm not really THAT closed minded, but just really sarcastic.
    I actually like the motorcycle idea mentioned by O.P. Just found it a little humorous that it was on a MTB site, just like a lot of other things I've seen. But "Oh well", does'nt really matter all that much anyway. Cheers!
    PoisonDogFart

Did you ever have ham?

Cool Bicycles

Wow, I just found these on-line. These are way cool! They are available from Vintage Iron.

http://vintageiron.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mountain Bike Evolution?-pursang-moab.jpg  

Mountain Bike Evolution?-vintageiron.jpg  

Mountain Bike Evolution?-vintageironvolt.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Neato! I like the fact that the guy in pic. #1 is smiling instead of trying to look all tough and cool.
    PS: I just watched the film clip and I'm impressed. I hope moto bikes go that way. I bet the torque is even better still than a 4 stroke.
    PoisonDogFart

Did you ever have ham?

EcoEnduro

Pretty neat the things you find if you keep an open mind. I saw a clip a while back with a supercross exhibition race with electric bikes. It was really cool, you could hear the crowd and the announcer!

I don't think electric will ever replace the internal combustion engine, but it is really cool to have that kind of choice. If you are ever in Edwardsville stop in and check out CBXman to see the Zero electric dirt bike and the street version, too.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

This sure would make for a really cool work and back getter with a elec hubmotor! I gotta give Rick D. a call now that you reminded me about these Moto replica rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mountain Bike Evolution?-vintageironvolt.jpg  

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    I now this is probably going to create a little backlash with certain people, but as a moto guy who is into renewable energy I found this to be very interesting. A Swiss company called Quantya is producing these electric motorcycles and they are sponsoring an all electric enduro in Copenhagen to showcase the green capabilities of these bikes and others during the UN Climate Change Conference.

California is currently evaluating these machines for use in their state parks. Over the long run, the bikes will save money from the fuel budget and be less of an impact on the environment. Cool!

If you are interested to learn more, check out the site:

http://www.quantyausa.com/about-press-20081101-2.php

If you are not interested, sorry to have wasted your time with this thread. I am sure you will find something else to your liking elsewhere!
    Interested, had a look and a read and I'm still of the opinion mxers and motos can stay the feck off the trails.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Interested, had a look and a read and I'm still of the opinion mxers and motos can stay the feck off the trails.

I don't want to see Motos or ATVs on mt bike trails either, but that's a perfect world scenario that will never happen.

I don't think the thoughts of Motoman465 is about that, I feel like he does and there is a place for everything. The object of the thread is to look at electric MTBs, and where they will fit. They are a niche between full on Moto and MTB.

They are here to stay just like ATVs and Motos, On the other hand EMX is gaining huge interest especially since it is so "Green"

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA

I don't want to see Motos or ATVs on mt bike trails either, but that's a perfect world scenario that will never happen.

I don't think the thoughts of Motoman465 is about that, I feel like he does and there is a place for everything. The object of the thread is to look at electric MTBs, and where they will fit. They are a niche between full on Moto and MTB.

They are here to stay just like ATVs and Motos, On the other hand EMX is gaining huge interest especially since it is so "Green"
    True, hikers will always go off trail, mtbers will always poach footpaths and mxer's will always poach mtb trails. I don't like, but I have to agree it's the way things are and will remain.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yea,and lots of those trails wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them motorcycles guys that cut them.

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer
    Yea,and lots of those trails wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them motorcycles guys that cut them.
    That's a load of bolx. Maybe were you live, but in the rest of the world mxers are still the new boys.

Did you ever have ham?

Perfect World

The weather is always in the mid 70's with sunshine during the day and light showers at night, the economy is terrific and everybody has a great job with plenty in savings, hikers, mt biker, horseback riders, moto and atv riders ALL respect the trails and each other and nobody litters....that would be a perfect world! But, if it were a perfect world there would be little need for a forum like this because nobody would have differing opinions.

I am trying to enlighten people by showing what is out there and telling others about things I feel passionate about. If you like it, great...if not, great! If you have a different opinion I would really love to hear it. Do everyone, including yourself a favor and present it as an intelligent human being. Too many people just spout off like they still live in a cave! I am interested in intelligent opinions and why you have them just as I hope you are open minded enough to hear mine. Like Forestt Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mountain Bike Evolution?-peace_fingers.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

Whatever!!!

We could go back and forth from now until doomsday! MXers and other off-road motorcyclists are not the "new boys." A gentleman by the name of Edison Dye brought many European stars over to the states and introduced a new form of racing known as scrambles which later evolved into motocross and all its off-road variations. So, I think it would be a great idea if we all just agreed to disagree...don't you?

By the way, for anyone interested this is a picture of Edison Dye at the 2001 Motorcycle Hall of Fame induction ceremony and six years before he passed away

This is what came up when I searched for the history of mountain biking:

The history of Mountain Biking begins in the mid 1970's when the sport of bicycling was rapidly developing. During this time a few biking 'freaks' in the state of California didn't just turn a hobby and a number of innovative improvements into a profession with their new 'fat tire' bike. Instead they set in motion a worldwide boom

This was found at this site: http://library.thinkquest.org/11569/...g/history.html

Also, IMBA was founded in 1988 whereas the AMA was founded in 1924. I am not throwing this info out to try to piss anyone off. I am simply defending my opinion with fact. I would hope that you would also do the same so that I may grow more enlightened!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by motoman465; 12-21-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by marzjennings
    That's a load of bolx. Maybe were you live, but in the rest of the world mxers are still the new boys.
    ... LOL This is a "PA" board, not the world, so we get that you don't like Motos on Mt bike trails and yes, I'm one of the guys who in my area for the past 40 years or so that cut trails for Motos and my friends with MTBs ride them also, and if you show up other than asking who you are, would be accepted and we would consider you a fellow rider!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yep,this jennings is really funny.We should get him out on a moto bike.

Did you ever have ham?

Hmmmm

The way I see it, everybody has their "thing." That is cool!!! I happen to have two "things," mountain biking and dirtbiking. Not everybody likes dirt bikes, just as I am sure there are those out there that do not like bicycles. Just don't try to rain on my parade because you don't "get" my "thing!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast