sambabiker.com

Good job! Mount Gretna/Governor Dick Workday January 12th '08

Hello,

I just wanted to take a quick moment to pass on a message from Desiree and Matt. You will be hearing from them a lot in the future as they are the two that will be trail people for SAMBA out at Governor Dick Park.
    MMMMMM...new trails...just what I wanted for Christmas!

Brian Arnold
    SAMBA Trail Coordinator
    www.sambabiker.com

Hello SAMBA,

We are scheduling the first official workday for Governor Dick.

DATE: January 12th(Saturday)

TIME: 10:00am - 2 pm

OBJECTIVE: Clearing the trail corridor which starts at the center to existing trail #4
    Raking and Digging the tread

Please bring along loppers, brush cutters or a folding saw if you have one. We will provide additional tools. Last, let us know if you can make it so we can plan accordingly. Cliff bar snacks will be provided compliments of SAMBA. Additional food and beverage recommended.

We are looking forward to getting this trail started as I know many of you are. Thank you all for your time and patience thus far. See you soon and have a Happy New Year!!!

Desiree & Matt McElheny
    trekmtb@msn.com
    717-228-1660
    www.sambabiker.com

my church is the woods
    I'll be there

Weather looks like it will cooperate too, looks like 40's and partly cloudy, 10% chance of precip.

siv
    mtbr member
    Count me in as well.

sambabiker.com
    Thanks guys we can use all the help we can get!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by siv
    Count me in as well.

Your avitar was a great day, I can't wait till spring

Matt

sambabiker.com

Thanks!!

Hello SAMBA and Governor Dick Volunteers,

First, I wish to thank everyone who showed up for the first official trail building day on January 12th. We had a monumental turnout of 37 volunteers with affiliations to SAMBA, Hempfield Triathalon Club, Conewago Canoe Club, Team Harrisburg, Lancaster Canoe Club, and users of Governor Dick. I would personally like to thank you all: Matt McElheny, Brad Ditzler, Faith Ditzler, Shaun Ditzler, Brian Arnold, Andrea Strubhar, Duane McHale, Jen Kulicki, Diana Sprucebank, Sally Gajacki, Jeff Weaver, Stephen Weaver, Doug Freas, Terry Freas, Eric Stoffer, Ben Kreider, Scott Henry, Brent Cummins, Michael Barron, Brian Wawrzyniak, Tom Yoder, Nicole Maurer, Steve Erkens, Irene Visser, Matt Myers, David Henry, Karen Henry, Jason Deery, Brad Doxtater, Chris Purdue, Cathy Garner, Sheldon Weaver, Daryl Weaver, Andy Martin, Steve Thomes, and Chris Moon. If any name is forgotten I apologize. Please send me an email if your name was missed. So....a huge thank you to all and congratulations on a job well done.

Second, I highly encourage anyone who is not a member to please join. Membership dues are only $10 and used soley for the purchase of equipment and supplies for trail building and maintenance. Please go to the SAMBA website to join.
    www.sambabiker.com

Third, we are very pleased with the amount of trail building that was accomplished. A lot of work was completed which consisted of clearing the corridor and raking and building the tread. Due to the large group of volunteers, we focused the work at two different locations which proved to be highly successful. As volunteers of Governor Dick, I am hopeful that collectively as a group we all wish to show the board of directors and Mount Gretna community that our goal is to build a long lasting sustainable trail that is enjoyable to a wide group of users. In order to maintain a good working relationship with the board, we are hopeful there will not be unorthodox trail building or re-routing to the existing trail. Also, we ask that there be no unscheduled trail work or use of power tools. Last, our goal is to make this trail an example of what a technical singletrack trail is that can be used by many and challenging to all. With your help and cooperation, we will all have a place to play for many years to come.

Photos are available on the SAMBA website under "more photos" or use link
    http://picasaweb.google.com/SAMBApho...aTrailday11208

In closing, thank you one and all and if the weather cooperates we plan to schedule another work day in the very near future. I would also appreciate having people contact me who are not on the SAMBA list so that I have your email to include you in all future contacts for trail work and fun rides.

Desiree J. Oliveri-McElheny

sambabiker.com

... and if we just ... Governor Dick Trail Work Day January 26th

Hello Gretna Volunteers and SAMBA members:

Governor Dick New Trail Work Day

DATE: January 26th(Saturday)

TIME: 10:00am - 2 pm??

OBJECTIVE: Trail Corridor Clearing/Raking/ Rock Armouring

Due to the outstanding response by volunteers on January 12th, we have flagged two separate sites if needed.

Please bring along a folding saw if you have one. We will provide additional tools. Last, let us know if you can make it so we can plan accordingly. Cliff bar snacks will be provided compliments of SAMBA. Additional food and beverage recommended.

Please tell others who are interested in helping out. Also, if you are not already a SAMBA member I encourage you to join. As they say there is strength in numbers and the dues are used for trail building and maintenance. www.sambabiker.com

RSVP to:
    Desiree & Matt McElheny
    trekmtb@msn.com

Desiree J. Oliveri-McElheny
    AKA. "Mountain Biking Duchess of Ellsworth"