mtbr member
    Apr 2009

more violence in reading area trail

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jesus.

I have my LTCF and a CCW... but I never ride with it. Glad I don't ride there, or I would have it handy.

So pathetic that people can't enjoy the outdoors.

banned
    Apr 2009
    I was always amazed why there is not MORE of this crazy stuff on trails (with Gangs, etc..)---

But I always ride prepared (that is all I will say)---for dogs and their owners.....

it is just that it seems (especially in Lancaster/Central Pa area) that cameras are everywhere (BUT NOT ENOUGH is you aks me---) but those places with 'no cameras' seem like an opportunity for thugs (to me)-----just thought there would actually be MORE crime those places than there is..)

I am from Philly (and favorite place is THE WISS) and have always been aware (of certain places and fools on the trails--) BUT Being Prepared certainly gives you a 'vibe' that you know those fools better not even think about it (that is how I carry myself anyway though...)---and NEVER had ANY Problems (but I am ready if '**** hits the fan')----

But i AM SURE Thigs are now getting aware of this and hope Every Rider is prepared for this....

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    How is this relevant ? This didn't happen at a mountain bike trail area. Guy was riding at midnight, likely buzzed or drunk, coming home from a party. Whatever. Situational awareness dude. Get some.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    How is this relevant ? This didn't happen at a mountain bike trail area. Guy was riding at midnight, likely buzzed or drunk, coming home from a party. Whatever. Situational awareness dude. Get some.
    If you don't know this person who was attacked (as i do for almost 7yrs) you shouldn't make an assumption of stupidity as you just did. Think before your reply. A fellow mtn biker was attacked bottom line. As i can clearly see ignorance has spread to the realms of idiotic replies to mtbr.....get some

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Dude... seriously ? Is he wasn't drinking why wasn't he driving home ? Check the video - dude clearly likes good beer.

Yeah, It sucks he got jumped. But the only thing the incident has in common with mountain biking and reading area "trails" is that he was on a bike and they call that asphalt path a "trail".

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The Thun Trail is a very well known multi use trail for mountain bikers, commuters, runners and families. It is also a connector to many other mountain bike trails, including Blue Marsh. The fact of the matter is that an innocent man was jumped by a bunch of inner city punks, and could have just as easily been killed. Whether or not the guy had a couple of beers, or that he was riding home late at night is completely irrelevant... The guy that got jumped a few months ago and ended up shooting and killing the kid that attacked him was attacked in broad daylight...
    2013 C-Dale Scalpel
    2013 Scott Genius 930

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Reading that makes me relived to be the largest person I know... generally, thugs take a look at me and look for an easier target. Nonetheless, this is disturbing .

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Mtn bikers in general are some of the best people you can meet,but of course you have a small minority of the " ignorant bliss " who spew before they think....which of course is totally the case from this arrogant fool.please take your own advise,situation awareness dude.get some!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Wow, I had considered using the Thun Trail as another place to stretch the road bike legs from the SRT but I'll have to pass now.

I guess this is why we can't have nice things.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I pack heat!