mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Moosic Trail building possibilities

I've been riding Moosic for a few years now and I was wondering if there will be any more trail building? Specifically a trail that extends from the bottom of waterfall loop to fireplace and further down on that same side of the washed out powerline fireroad to the entrance of Gene's trail. Basically taking that fireroad completely out of the loop. Even the chute that runs from rock angel to Gene's trail is an unrepairable mess. It used to be kind of fun but not anymore. The main fireroad is so washed out from some of the early summer storms that it is more toil than fun and this is from someone who loves real technical riding.

It seems like the most logical next step to complete the trail system. Plus it would be nice to have a section with a few more drops and technical features to make moosic a true riding gem in NEPA. I'm into helping build it if there is an okay from the Moosic trail building gods.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately not. There was some illegal trail building up there last winter and that put a freeze on building for a little bit. It's technically PLL's responsibility to fix the washed out road, but like always, it won't get fixed until they need to get to it and some residents are without power for several days.
    I really haven't had any time to get up there and do what TNC wants done next. Mainly fix the sections of Waterfall where you cross the creek twice up top.
    Next spring though, I hope we'll be back in full swing and be able to build again. We'll have to wait and see... Ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Okay, thanks for the update. Hopefully they will see the need for some additional trails soon.