mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Moosic Mtn ride 10-25-09

I did my first ride at Moosic Mtn on Sunday. Rode with Bob, Janine, Rich, Daphine, Linda,Paul & Gracie. Had a great time.

I would like to thank Rob Gregory and Hubbard Bike for all of the great work they have done on the trails.

To see more photos go to this link.

http://forums.wvmtba.com/showthread.php?p=1359#post1359

Chris
    WVMTBA
    Wyoming Valley Mountain Bike Association
    www.wvmtba.com

ganginwood
    was anyone able to hang onto linda's wheel? i miss riding with her. quality rider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Listen!

Stine:

Yep, your Welcome!

What a great opportunity the Nature Conservancy offered to Hubbard, and NEPMTBA and it turned out to be a GREAT SUCCESS!

Happy to be part of all the hard work that now allows everyone to enjoy themselves sooooooooooooooo much!

mtbr member

Moosic Madness

Looks like a great day at MMC! Sunday was a beautiful day to ride...maybe the last best day of the season! Thx for sharing the pics. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Whaaaa?

mtbr member
    That is one place that I haven't been able to get to,...and most likely waaayyyy too technical for my railtrail butt, but from the reports I get back from those that have ridden there, The Hubbard Bike Club , Nature Conservacy, and you yourself Rob, being responsible for the project, are to be commended for doing a fantastic job.

BTW Rob, I do, or will have need of your services in the near future as you have been recommended as being the "go to" guy on downhill stuff as far as trail laying work.

mtbr member
    Send me a PM Kev!

Thanks, Fahn

Did you ever have ham?
    I wanted to make it up there to check it out, but didn't make it. Well, there is always next year! I heard that it is some real great riding up there. Thanks to Rob, Gene, Lee, Hubbard, and NEPMTBA for all the hard work. I saw the certificate that Lee got from the state for all his hard work up there and from what I understand Rob, Gene, and Hubbard got certificates, too. It is great that the state is recognizing the hard working people that volunteer their time and efforts for all of us to enjoy. Thanks guys and hope to see you there next year!

mtbr member
    Sent Rob!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    BDT:

Yes, it was a true honor being recognized by the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, and think it was for BUILDING TRAILS!

Working with Nature Conservancy, and Gene Katpaski, and Rob Gregory was a blast. It makes it so much better when you get to work with fine individuals who have the drive and look to accomplish so much. It put NEPMTBA on the map and did so much for our club. We owe lot's of that to Jenny Case and the NC for believing in us to get it all done and up and running. It was the first time east of the Mississippi that Mt bikers worked with the NC. Many more people from Hubbard and elsewhere helped in getting it all done.

It was a win, win, and the best thing is everyone can enjoy from then into the future and beyond.

Let me know if you would like a personal tour of MMP sometime.

Crawfishy
    Jun 2004

Coming at Thanksgiving

I am heading your way for Thanksgiving and I am hoping to be able to throw one of my bikes in the car for the trip. My In-laws live in Waverly and I was hoping to ride at least once around that time if the conditions allow (snow, rain, hunting season, etc.)

Do anybody know ir Moosic or any other nearby trails will be open and if so, are there any planned rides.

Also, I've got a 650b SS fully rigid and a 26" hardtail. I am coming from the flats of Central Indiana where I don't need a small chainring (but I can put it back on). Very few rocks but many roots. Any thoughts as to what to bring would be great.

Thank you
    "98% of us will die at some point in our lives" - Ricky Bobby

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Crawfishy:

Sure, let's get a ride going with ya! We could ride Moosic Mt or Moon lake
    motoman 465 you in?

Moosic Mt has a lot of ROCKS and limited hunting. Moon Lake has no hunting and everythng from grass to rocks with trails of every skill level. Both are techie! and not flat or smooth. Moon will have more options. It would be nice to have a granny ulnless your a hammerhead. I ride SS rigid 29er. You should be fine and we will taylor the ride to your liking, as far as distance and how hard you want to go. Not to mention Moon lakes trails are blown clean of leaves allowing you to see the trail and the stuff on it. No hunting in Pa on Sundays!

Email me at:
    nepmtba@yahoo.com
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-01-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Did you ever have ham?

Moosic Mtn ride 10-25-09

No better way to work off all that extra Gobbler and stuffing!

Crawfishy
    Jun 2004

Sounds good

I will be in touch. I was looking at a map and Moosic doesn't look that far away.

Thanks for the quick replies.
    "98% of us will die at some point in our lives" - Ricky Bobby

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Crawfishy, Moosic and Moon are very fun, but neither flat nor smooth, I'd advocate whichever bike you're more comfortable riding non-flat stuff on (the 650b will probably roll easiest but front squish is handy). Put on the granny gear if you still have it, it could be very handy, and not a lot of burden if you never use it.

I'll definitely be looking to "ride for the turkey" - as it were, so count me in too. Could do both too, not necessarily in one day though.

Although there was that day in August when I rode both Moosic & Merli the same day - really wiped me out.