mtbr member

Moosic mountain trail maps

I'll keep updating Hubbards site when I get new info or maps.

There will be an Official Opening Day for everyone to come and enjoy on October 5th, 2008. We're trying to get some media involved to publicize how big of an event this is.

Considering that Jenny C. (The Nature Conservancy) contacted IMBA about coming up to build trails and form a partnership, and IMBA didn't respond. Jenny visited the LBS that Jay DeJesus worked at to get her bike fixed (Jenny rides!) and Jay led Jenny to Hubbard Bike Club. This is the first time East of the Mississippi that TNC is working with riders (That Jenny knows of). She's presented this info at confrences of TNC and has a lot of questions and interest from other chapters of TNC. This might be helpful for a long-term, higher-up, political relationship. Hubbard had a meeting with Jenny and Ellen (TNC) before a Thursnight ride and discussed what their plans were. Lee from Nepmtba was also here for this important meeting. I talked to Jenny and Ellen for a while as did Lee from Nepmtba. Lee, Gene Katapski and Me met with Jenny on the MMC and started to brainstorm and plan some trails based on the diversity of the land. Conglamorate stone, Birch trees, Oaks, Pitch Pines, Ferns, Blueberrys, Flagstone, low growth, tall trees, amazing views, Maples and a ton more that we want to incorperate into the trails.

Come join us on this important day to show how much we (the riders) appreciate the idea of TNC opening their 1,500 acres for us to build and ride on.

ttyl, Fahn

http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com/ph...opic.php?t=145

mtbr member
    FWIW. The inside loops are now attached and you can ride them as one big loop. I'm working on another one that will have amazing views from Elk mountain (up valley) down PAST the Berwic nuclear powerplant by about 20 miles! You have an option of going out to the powerlines and taking the DH section to the left and you'll end up on the lower loop. Altogether, I think we're pushing 8-10 miles of singletrack put in this year on the MMP alone. ttyl, Fahn