Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! mOON upodate 11/15/09

All:

Most of Deacon is clean of leaves, and more will get finished today. The new multi use trail has had the "Stone Steps" removed and travel both ways is better. As a DH is really opened up and from the top at the water tank one really fly for a long time on a semi tech trail. Connected with TTS it makes for a great DH or uphill a super long gradient climb.

The word from our PM is "This will be a great addition and once again add to all that is here at MLP. Everyone will have more trail and opportunities to use them. Everyone is enjoying the park trails we have. With the one weekend we had 60 mt bikers in the park and we are glad to all this activity in this later time of the season"

With all this great weather NEPMTBA has been busy. The Ledgeview and Lakeview trails are well along the way. Yes more new stuff at mOOn to ride!!!!!!!!!!

NEPMTBA
    MORE TO RIDE

mtbr member

Visiting 11-21-09

I will be in PA next weekend I plan on bringing my bike, is any one planning on riding here next Saturday morning around 7 or 8? I would like to check this place out...

John

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

jamas1395;

I am hosting another ride at Moosic Mt for NEPMTBA, so I won't be at the mOOn, but Chriffer might be there although 7 or 8 is quite early our regular Saturday rides are usually 12 noon.

Options?

Your welcome to join us at Moosic Mt roughly 25 miles away form the mOOn(we have another thread on that ride here on MTBR)

You could ride the mOOn and the park is open at 8 AM, but you could park outside the main gate and ride at 7AM. Your allowed to ride anytime even night. Trailmaps are available at the park office, or here at: nepmtba.piczo.com.on the "Moon Lake Maps Page" found on the left side of our main page.

What level of ride are you interested in? How much time do you want to ride? I could plan a route for you if you like, or just give you a guideline to explore.

Just let me know what skill level and type of terrain you usually ride.

A good start point is the to start at Natures Way which is located as you enter the park on you left. It is singletrack and opens to a service road intersection where many trails intersect. The trails are marked with green signs. All trails are clean of leaves except the more difficult trails named NFS, 5858 and Salamander.

Enjoy your ride at mOOn
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    NEPMTBA

I live in V.A. and usually ride the Blue Ridge. We have plenty of climbs but we dont have the crazy ROCKS that NE P.A. has. I like to ride for 15 to 25 miles at a moderate pace.

Where is Moosic Mt?

The Krazy Never Die
    I'm located approx 1h30m from moosic I was wondering were I can get more info on the location of these places you all ride I'd love to meet and ride with other mtbr's I have been trying to get my friends involved but no one wants to get out from in front of their tv's except my "supportive" gf but at the same time her skill level is VERY begineer and I've riding nearly my entire life ! Including racing bmx so I perfer going fast ..

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

jamas1395:

I think you'll like the mOOn.it has trails that run throughout the park and there are plenty of options.The rockyist longer trails are NFS, 5858, and Salamander. Edge and Rockit are rocky but not as long. Plenty more with less rocks also.

Moosic mt is located near Dunmore Pa which is above Scranton.

http://nepmtba.piczo.com/moosicmtpre...linkvar=000044

http://moosicmtpreservetrails.blogspot.com/

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/no...s/art1599.html
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I made a quick map with google maps to show where the different places are. Moon Lake is the furthest southwest on that map. Moosic Mountain is the east of Scranton, on a label named Marshwood.

If I am around, I can do a Moon Lake tour then a Moosic ride or something. There are worse things than riding all day long. I really don't have my plans put together yet. Is the Moosic thing going down on the 21st where John (jamas) is asking about or on the 28th?

Lee, your first link doesn't work.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKessler
    I'm located approx 1h30m from moosic I was wondering were I can get more info on the location of these places you all ride I'd love to meet and ride with other mtbr's I have been trying to get my friends involved but no one wants to get out from in front of their tv's except my "supportive" gf but at the same time her skill level is VERY begineer and I've riding nearly my entire life ! Including racing bmx so I perfer going fast ..
    KrazyKessler:

Give the mOOn a try, lot's of different stuff for you and the GF. You might like Deacon with all the wood sections, and we have a "Trials" area and a separate "Skills" area both have sections to test you balance and skill. Your GF would like Nature's Way trail.

For BMX the Cedar BMX track near Clarks Summit is run by really nice people. Of course it's late in the year there last race was 11/14
    http://www.cedarbmxpark.com/

Here's the track operators email his name is Rob Vargo: rob94@msn.com

Thanks
    NEPMTBA

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    I made a quick map with google maps to show where the different places are. Moon Lake is the furthest southwest on that map. Moosic Mountain is the east of Scranton, on a label named Marshwood.

If I am around, I can do a Moon Lake tour then a Moosic ride or something. There are worse things than riding all day long. I really don't have my plans put together yet. Is the Moosic thing going down on the 21st where John (jamas) is asking about or on the 28th?

Chriffer:

Fixing the link right now ya I forgot it's only the 15th today, but doesn't matter as I will be racing moto the 21st, so I won't be there Saturday the 21st.

Thanks
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member

Nice Map

Chrif, Very cool map.....maybe you could teach me how to do that sometime....easy way to show someone locations relative to one another. Ride On! JSM
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Jeff,

Adding/building a google map of your own basically takes just a few steps

1. find your spot in google maps
    2. click on the drop-mark it provides and select Add to My Maps

It's pretty guided from there.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Chriffer,

You forgot 7-Tubs. ;^)

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Chriffer,

You forgot 7-Tubs. ;^)
    No, it just got cut off at that zoom level I had it on. I would never make a mistake. The sun was in my eyes.

I added it.

mtbr member
    Speaking of 7-Tubs, it's all leaf-blown and spiffy as of last Friday!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazcustoms
    Thanks Kraz (and Company...), much appreciated.

mtbr member

As long as the weather says no rain I will be at Moon Lake around 9am Saturday the 21st I hope a few people can get together for a ride. Thanks for the info everyone!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by krazcustoms
    Ya, Thanks to you and yours for Tubs!

Kraz the bottom realignment of Screamer is perfect as is the rest!

Thanks again for help