Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Idea! Moon Lake... Ride da Leaf Blower Events...

...from now till the trails are spotless!...LOL

Show up and blow, person with the fastest leaf blower wins!

If you do blow out a trail post it up here, so as we have a list of trails done!

If you do buy one and have any questions or need help with starting method or mixing fuel I can help ya with that. Just bring it to any Wednesday night Ride da mOOn ride.

Here's on from Wally world
    Poulan Pro 25cc Gas Blower - Walmart.com

Stihl
    BG 55 Handheld Blower - Occasional Use Handheld Blower | STIHL USA

Husqvarna
    Shop Husqvarna 28cc 2-Cycle Heavy-Duty Gas Blower at Lowes.com

Thanks from da Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by RRHINES View Post
    Also have my early Christmas present wish....a leaf blower!
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 10-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Wizard of the Trail
    Really Lee. I practically got lost with all those leaves yesterday. Not a soul there either for a guide. If you need any help, I'll be upstairs asleep.

Actually, I would help out if I was closer to you. I'm about an hours drive according to google maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

wounded knee
    Trails that are done.
    Thorny
    5 Tree
    Nightmare
    Slide
    And I even got a ride in today.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Still alot of leaves on the trees up there yet

wounded knee
    Still alot of leaves on the trees up there yet
    Blowing them off is a 2 stage process every year, we get a first pass in around now and believe me 5 tree had some deep spots that were allready hard to move, and then again after they all fall, if we waited till they all fell they would be really hard to move and very time consuming.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I would have waited and went with you dr6 if I knew you were going today

wounded knee
    I would have waited and went with you dr6 if I knew you were going today
    I was undecided what to all morning, I had to get a shin guard for my leg didn't want to hit that again just the slightest touch and it hurts, found one at Wal-Mart till I get a better one , wish I had more time to dedicate to trail maintenence as it was my leaf blower is on it's last leg, I had to keep adjusting the choke with my left hand as I was using it, just kept wanting to die out.
    Guess it's time to look for a new one.
    This one from Home Depot has great reviews, it's light only 8 pounds (my shoulders are killing me from holding mine today for hours on end) and it has a 7 year warranty!

170 mph 441 CFM Hand Held Blower-RB24EAP at The Home Depot
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Dirt rider. Glad u were able to hook up w us. Even if it was only for a short ride. We should have fixed the flat. Next time.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Dirt rider. Glad u were able to hook up w us. Even if it was only for a short ride. We should have fixed the flat. Next time.
    I'm going back to the Surly tubes (heavy duty) way to many flats lately
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    dirtrider, did you lose a riding glove on Sunday? We picked one up by where your truck was on our way out. I have it if it's yours. If not let me know and I'll do a general post.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by MnBill View Post
    dirtrider, did you lose a riding glove on Sunday? We picked one up by where your truck was on our way out. I have it if it's yours. If not let me know and I'll do a general post.
    No Bill, I meant to pick it up but forgot, post it up hopefully whoever lost it will see it.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Did a few more tails earlier today. Pretty much everything from Main Gate back to the picnic table on the service road by Deacon:

Natures Way 1 & 2
    What
    Front Part of 5858

I didn't get to that new connector trail between the Natures Ways but I'll try to get to it tomorrow. I also plan on trying to get to Ledgeview and 8 if they havn't already been done. Maybe Mo-Zee and Peek-A-Boo of I have time.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by MnBill View Post
    Did a few more tails earlier today. Pretty much everything from Main Gate back to the picnic table on the service road by Deacon:

Natures Way 1 & 2
    What
    Front Part of 5858

I didn't get to that new connector trail between the Natures Ways but I'll try to get to it tomorrow. I also plan on trying to get to Ledgeview and 8 if they havn't already been done. Maybe Mo-Zee and Peek-A-Boo of I have time.
    Way to go Bill, great job, leave some for me I just bought a new blower this morning!
    Only time I can get up there is Saturday mornings.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    Way to go Bill, great job, leave some for me I just bought a new blower this morning!
    Only time I can get up there is Saturday mornings.
    Don't worry, there will be plenty. I will get in a few hours tomorrow and that will be it for me for the week. I happen to have today and tomorrow off so I thought I would put some time in. It looks so nice once it's blown off.....it kind of makes you want to keep going though.

wounded knee
    The trails will dry much faster without the leaves on.
    It looks cool with them blown out, the trail jumps out at you.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Awesome thanks guys!...
    ...I'll get the Edge area Wednesday before the ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

We the people ... rode some new trails at the moon

What a blast I had last week riding those leaf covered trails last week. They were like riding different trails, you had to use different riding techniques, different lines, different braking, at least I got one ride in. Back to the same old same old.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by mt.Pulaski View Post
    What a blast I had last week riding those leaf covered trails last week. They were like riding different trails, you had to use different riding techniques, different lines, different braking, at least I got one ride in. Back to the same old same old.
    Oh well...

...just like your always telling me "Everyone has to get along" Looks like you'll have to go with the same old, same old!

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by mt.Pulaski View Post
    It takes a lot of effort to clean the trails up, leaving the leaves on the trail does not do any good, rather it does harm, they hold moisture in not alowing the trail to dry out which leads to ruts, when the trails get frozen and the frost hits wherever the leaves are left on the trail the ground heaves, again leading to ruts and holes.
    Moon Lake trails have been getting the leaves blown off for years and yet everyone raves at the great shape the trails are in all Winter and Summer.
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

Wizard of the Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider6 View Post
    It takes a lot of effort to clean the trails up, leaving the leaves on the trail does not do any good, rather it does harm, they hold moisture in not alowing the trail to dry out which leads to ruts, when the trails get frozen and the frost hits wherever the leaves are left on the trail the ground heaves, again leading to ruts and holes.
    Moon Lake trails have been getting the leaves blown off for years and yet everyone raves at the great shape the trails are in all Winter and Summer.
    No one does that up north. Not that I am criticizing, but no one blows down the trails like LSP Merli, etc. Usually the leaves are gone by the time December rolls around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist262 View Post
    No one does that up north. Not that I am criticizing, but no one blows down the trails like LSP Merli, etc. Usually the leaves are gone by the time December rolls around.

I agree, MOST trails do not get the leaf blowing treatment that the moon does. at least 3 times last year that I know of. don't think waiting a month or 2 would hurt, m.h.o. if most people like the scrubbed clean trail go for it. i also think the leaves protect some of the dirt, also decomposed leaves make DIRT. also the blowing of the trails blows away leaves and DIRT. I just like people to know there is another option instead of BRAHHHHHH BRAHHHHHHH BRAHHHHH thats my leaf blower noise just to clarify. its all good, go ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I just got my leaf blower today! I plan on going up tomorrow after work with my light and cleaning some stuff off. To each their own with their school of thoughts on leaf blowing trails. I for one don't mind seeing some of the rocks on certain trails at the Moon hence the reason for cleaning the trails off, but hey opinions are like buttholes.....we all have one!

Thanks DR6 and MnBill for getting it started like DR6 said to MnBill....leave some stuff for me to clean off!

Wizard of the Trail
    RRHINES we can use you up north buddy. Lots of leaves to blow here. Lol.

fish
    Oct 2012
    Thanks to everyone who has been able to blow the leaves off the trails. It is so much easier to see the trails and enjoy a ride without sliding on them. Kudos everyone!!!!
    Don't Limit your Challenges...Challenge your Limits!!!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Rookies...

...I remember when we used to "RAKE" the trails!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast