mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Moon Lake Question

Chriffer, thanks for the route I did most of it this morning. I have one question at the top of TRex -2 I to took NFS passing the downhill trail on my left I followed NFS down to an old service/atv road crossing it and continuing down hill on what seemed to be a less travelled, but fun trail. I ended up at a man made dike and creek I turned left on the dike and followed it up past the old dam. I then followed it out to almost the road and took 58-58 back( wet in some spots). My question is what trail is this and is there a better way to get back to the main area of the park? could I take a left at the first service road I came to, where would that take me?
    Last edited by murph62903; 04-28-2010 at 04:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    You took the intended route through there Down NFS (the whole thing is NFS), across, and up 5858. There are ways to connect onto Salamander from 5858. Coming up NFS you eventually get onto a logging road that the trail dodges some downed tree on. 5858 then goes back into the woods and quickly crosses the logging road that Salamander starts from. Turn left and the start of Salamander is about 30 yards ahead on the left. Skip the Salamander turn and you will end up at the Deacon/8 area.

Going down 5858 and up NFS is certainly possible, but people call you crazy when you choose to do that. Glad you found it okay.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Murph you gonna be in town tomorrow? I am heading to moon at 9:30am to get in a ride before class.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Have some appointments this morning hoping to head out this afternoon 1:30ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    Going down 5858 and up NFS is certainly possible, but people call you crazy when you choose to do that.
    Chriffer, I think we need to plan to do this next Wednesday

Did you ever have ham?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    Going down 5858 and up NFS is certainly possible, but people call you crazy when you choose to do that. Glad you found it okay.
    CRAZY, but in a good way...LOL!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonz187
    Chriffer, I think we need to plan to do this next Wednesday
    Note to self, IF I make it next Wed, bring the little bike with the granny gear.

wounded knee
    Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    CRAZY, but in a good way...LOL!!!
    Last night we rode UP Screemer!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock