Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Moon Lake Park NEPMTBAs view

Better sit down this will take a while...

With the past happenings at the mOOn I really hate what has happened. It's time for me to speak and THIS IS NOT EASY.......................

NEPMTBA has put 110% into doing all it takes to make Moon Lake a fun place to ride your bike, we didn't do it for money, fame or gain, just a place to ride our bikes along with anyone who wished to swing a leg over and hit the trails.

NEPMTBA DIDN'T DO THIS ALONE

Along the way we have made multitudes of friends. NEPMTBA could not have done any of this without the help of GREAT PEOPLE who worked with us, along side us and supported us 110%. The people who lost their jobs are GOOD PEOPLE: Cilf, Andy, Mike, Paul, Jimmy, Maryann, Bill, Duct Tape and the others who always, always, helped NEPMTBA and never flinched at doing ANYTHING NEPMTBA asked with help doing! These people made the trails and the park a dream to visit.

I wish I could stop time and return back what we all have lost! THIS HURTS BAD

This is just one aspect I speak of cause I'm a mt bike guy, but the Scouts, the Geocashers, The RC Flyers, The Treasure finders, and COUNTLESS OTHERS who used the park are now at a GREAT LOSS. These groups also always were very nice to NEPMTBA and mt bikers! GREAT CO-OPERATION...

Yes, we can still ride our Mt Bikes at Moon Lake, but it's just NOT the same! What is Moon Lake Park like now? BARREN! Yes, the Trails are there and NEPMTBA will maintain them. Why? CAUSE IT'S AN HONOR TO KEEP GOING WHAT GOOD PEOPLE HELPED SO HARD TO CREATE...

I know all our friends can get through this tough time!

TOUGH TIME DON'T LAST
    TOUGH PEOPLE DO

WE REALLY NEED MOON LAKE PARK OPEN AND OUT FRIENDS JOBS RESTORED

Did you ever have ham?

Moon Lake Park

Very well said!!! I also would like to give thanks to everyone that has made Moon Lake possible...without all those people none of this would have ever happened! I won't even try to name everyone because I will accidentally forget someone and I would never want to offend anybody! Thank You!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA

Yes, we can still ride our Mt Bikes at Moon Lake, but it's just NOT the same! What is Moon Lake Park like now? BARREN! Yes, the Trails are there and NEPMTBA will maintain them. Why? CAUSE IT'S AN HONOR TO KEEP GOING WHAT GOOD PEOPLE HELPED SO HARD TO CREATE...

I occasionally travel to Wilkes Barre area and I was going to bring my bike with me in the spring. I have been anticipating riding the moon after reading all the positive comments. In a previous thread it appears this place is closed, but this last quote seems to indicate otherwise. Some clarification please.
    Thanks
    J

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes, no problem:

The physical structure of the park is there and we are allowed to ride there, but there will be no one there as far a staff. So, when you visit, park outside the main gate. You can ride all the trails. There will be no water or bathrooms.

So, as a mt bilkers we can feel lucky, but I personally don't. As there were lots of groups who can't use and enjoy their recreation at the park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Yes, no problem:

The physical structure of the park is there and we are allowed to ride there, but there will be no one there as far a staff. So, when you visit, park outside the main gate. You can ride all the trails. There will be no water or bathrooms.

So, as a mt bilkers we can feel lucky, but I personally don't. As there were lots of groups who can't use and enjoy their recreation at the park.

That is great. Is there some sort of agreement in place? I just googled and read on a site called the times leader that the park is closed and a guard will be around. I don't want to risk a fine. Any worries?

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Yes, no problem:

The physical structure of the park is there and we are allowed to ride there.