• 01-14-2013
    NEPMTBA
    Moon Lake Park items stolen and break ins
    The main office at Moon Lake park was broken into and copper pipe was removed rendering the heat in the building useless. The maintenance building was broken into and copper pipes were removed rendering the heat in that building useless, along with that the battery only 6 months old was stolen from truck 59. The air compressor was destroyed. 1500 feet of phone wire was stolen also.

State Police were on site and an investigation will follow.

Please keep your eyes open and report to 911
  • 01-14-2013
    motoman465
    Moon Lake Park items stolen and break ins
    If I hear anything, I will not be able to dial 911 fast enough!!!:madmax:
  • 01-14-2013
    NEPMTBA
    Just don't try using the pay phone by the main gate...
    ...unless your going to run 1500 feet of wire first!

Sorry bad joke!
  • 01-15-2013
    bear
    argh.
  • 01-15-2013
    mt.Pulaski
    That's a bummer
  • 01-16-2013
    TORQUE-29er
    Sucks that there are people that do this,causing thousands of dollars worth of damage
    and compromising the saftey of others for a few$$ they may get at the scrapyard.
    Hope they get caught.
  • 01-16-2013
    Beardman27
    This is ridiculous this area is out of control!!!
  • 01-16-2013
    kuhlkat
    The last few times I went to a scrapyard, they asked for identification before they would write me a receipt and pay me. Maybe they can be tracked down that way. There can't be that many scrapyards in the area.
  • 01-17-2013
    NEPMTBA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kuhlkat View Post
    The last few times I went to a scrapyard, they asked for identification before they would write me a receipt and pay me. Maybe they can be tracked down that way. There can't be that many scrapyards in the area.

That is the way they caught the last thieves, but they stole the big brass water valves that were made in Germany, this is just regular copper pipe, and who knows the scrap yard might be in on the deal.
  • 01-17-2013
    Shawn333
    This is terrible. Its just a matter of time before they slip up and get caught. I think the nature center was broken into awhile ago and the same thing was stolen.
  • 01-20-2013
    Hound
    This has happened on our job sites several times during a build. No one was ever caught, but we believe it was an inside job.
    If it's not radiant heat lines replace with PVC pipe. Not worth $$$$ for scrap, an cheaper to replace.