Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails

Howdy all:

Lake View/Ledge View Area... More new stuff at mOOn to ride! This is the first phase of the "new" trails section that covers an area of the park no one has been in a long time!

Trail one:

Lake View trail: The reopened "RED" trail was a really old trail/road. There were 55 downed trees blocking this trail, now it is open and you could drive a truck on it. Yes, it is wide and it is a multi use trail that the PM requested we reopen, so we did! Location start: Off the main service road same side as the upper entrance to Deacon. Ends at sharp turn on Skinnys(the wet area) OK now! I didn't "design" this trail(just reopened it) and it is "wet" cause it wasn't designed correctly, but it's there and we get to ride it! Mt bikers like mud right?...LOL

Trail two... new new new

"Ledge View," Location start...Enter from main service road near Deacon's upper entrance, a bit further ahead from the reopened RED trail(same side of road) This is a singletrack trail and it flows back and forth similar to T-Rex 2 woo hoo! It ends on the reopened RED trail.

These new trails will make for many more options, and even more when hooked into the preexisting trails, with more new stuff coming also! of course both trails are ridable in either direction. Trails are rough sketched on map and not yet GPSed.

Thanks to Clif, Bill, Mike, Jimmy, Paul, Duct Tape, Big Daddy Todd, and Rick for helping me get this stuff built open and ridable for all to enjoy.

I have included a map, but have no fear as you will learn the locations quickly. We will ride it Wednesday night, Thursday, and prolly the entire Thanksgiving holiday!...LOL

NEPMTBA
    Ride the mOOn

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-moon-lake-trails-lake-view-ledge-view-final.gif  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

mOOn Lake's newest Ledge View trail...

..mods:

With the recent blow downs this past week, a little clean up and "FUN" ensued, given the opportunity to tune a trail = more fun added

T-Rex 1 and T-Rex 2 also were cleared.

If you spot trail anomalies please report to nepmtba@yahoo.com

Of course after work riding in the SNOW is always a BLAST.

NEPMTBA
    Ride the mOOn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-359.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-360.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-361.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-362.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-363.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-364.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-365.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-366.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-368.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-371.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    More from the mOOn:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-372.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-374.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-375.jpg  

mOOn Lake... Ledge View/Lake View... new trails-vivitar-all-12-5-09-376.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    rode ledge view on Friday, will be a sweet addition once it gets ridden in, also lee, why arte they plowing blue parts are turning into mud pits

mtbr member

LedgeView...

LedgeView looks to be a nice addition! Thanks to all those who cut it in. Still haven't tried it cause when I am over there i really like the new "8" trail. Ride on!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Can't wait to ride it - thanks NEPMTBA

Gravity's Gone
    Gonna try to hit the moon this Saturday, if the three "W"'s permit - Work, Wife, Weather.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    think im gonna go 2morrow

Did you ever have ham?

Good job! mOOn Lake...Ledge View/Lake View... new trails

I haven't ridden Ledge View yet, either. It certainly looks like it will be an incredible trail, a great addition to everything Moon Lake has to offer. If you ride it during the day, you will see where the name came from...quite an impressive view!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Slowdave:

Glad you liked Ledge View, it makes for a great loop when combined with 8. As to the construction on the service rd, Yes, the road is being widened, so while under construction it will be tore up a bit. The park is handling the road work, and as a spin off of that, we discuss more trails in that area and they agreed.

Jeff:

Just a suggestion, ride 8 the regular way to TTS then follow TTS straight instead of turning left to up hill on ser rd. Head straight look on right for Ledge View, ride ledge view uphill( I know you like uphills) It brings you back on ser rd a bit up from 8 and Deacon.

Jonz, Nanker and all:

Hope to see ya there Saturday, Do you have a ride start time?

wyatt79m:

Enjoy your ride!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Slowdave:

Glad you liked Ledge View, it makes for a great loop when combined with 8. As to the construction on the service rd, Yes, the road is being widened, so while under construction it will be tore up a bit. The park is handling the road work, and as a spin off of that, we discuss more trails in that area and they agreed.

Jeff:

Just a suggestion, ride 8 the regular way to TTS then follow TTS straight instead of turning left to up hill on ser rd. Head straight look on right for Ledge View, ride ledge view uphill( I know you like uphills) It brings you back on ser rd a bit up from 8 and Deacon.

Jonz, Nanker and all:

Hope to see ya there Saturday, Do you have a ride start time?

wyatt79m:

Enjoy your ride!

I should be in for Saturday. Would prefer to start early - 9am? Nanker?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'm good with 9AM

ride more
    Mar 2007
    9 is early but doable for me.......

Gravity's Gone
    I'm in as long as I don't have to work - fingers crossed!!!