Ride da mOOn Moderator

Listen! Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September

Tuesday Night Ride/training Cyclo-X at da mOOn...

...starting 9/3/12 Rides will start at the Main Gate at 6PM sharp, every Tuesday Night in the month of September. This is a non-competitive ride for fun and to challenge yourself as well as maintain fitness.

You do not need a specific Cyclo-X bike and you can use your mt bike, even an older road bike will work. No need for special equipment, just raise the air pressure in your tires.

The route will consisting of: (approx 1.5 to 2 miles) of Paved, Dirt and Grass areas. There are "No" SingleTrack sections or Major Climbs, Thorny and a small section of Nature's Way 1/2 are the only trails used, very singlespeed friendly rolling terrain. The course "will not" be marked, as a map is provided. There are 2 hill "run ups" you can run them, or ride them if you have the power. Barriers are set up in 3 places that you "should" dismount and run through. Riding around them is discouraged, that is what makes Cyclo-X different from Mt Biking, running/carry your bike sections.

This can be a great way to keep in shape with the upcoming CX/MTB fall racing/riding season. Ride will last 1 hour non-stop with everyone doing their own pace and no official time keeping will exist, of course you can keep your own time on a cyclo-computer if you would like to do that and see how you progress week to week.

This is a ride at your own risk ride, and the park roads "are open" to automobile and other pedestrain traffic, so use common sense and be safe, wear all safety gear, and hydrate often. Ride is rain or shine, but lightning cancels ride. With the ride lasting only 1 hour we still have plenty of day light till October, but bring your light if feel you need it.

A few links for more info on Cyclo-X:
    Cyclo-cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cyclocross - Mtbr Forums

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/cyclocross/

The Official Website - USA Cycling

Cyclocrossworld.com - Your Source For All Things 'Cross

http://www.cxmagazine.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-copy-moon-lake-cx-v1-8.jpg  

fish
    Feb 2011
    What a great challange!!!Looks and sounds like it would be fun. Mt biking boot camp. I cant do it on tuesdays because I work till 6 and would not make it before 7...but I will study your map and try it on a thursday.....

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Month of mOOn day one success...
    ...and what a fun time with options looking to more fun!

Ride started out with us getting used to where to go and looking for the faster lines. Some places were just dead a88 slow, while others felt like concrete. We did cheat a bit as the barriers I made the paint didn't quite dry, so we didn't have barriers! I rode the top shorter line on the hill run up while Kool Kat went for the whole enchilada with a grunter hill climb mashing his pedals to the top each lap. We will use the harder line from now on. KoolKat made up for not having barriers by doing push ups, and riding his singlespeed MTB. proving you don't need a special bike, just the energy to have fun. The Kat can just flat out RIP... LOL

Around lap 3 the rain fell as if to say: "Here I will cool you off" and it was pretty refreshing indeed. Course ended up being roughly 2 miles. We rode at a medium pace and ended up with 5 laps in one hour and approx 10 miles sans negotiating barriers, and one 24 MPH section must be slowed a bit, and I wasn't even trying there. Next week will be a little different, but a great workout none the less.

I was home by 7:30PM making for a fun short night and all run under daylight. My thought in organizing this very different venue was spurred by my racing the Fire and Ice CX this past January near Danville. It was just super fun, so I said to myself: "Myself why don't we have sonmething like this at da mOOn?"... LOL Now we do!

This will grow like the super successful Wednesday Night MTB Rides, and it really helps to have such a great venue as da mOOn. I will supply a few markers to aid in direction in areas that are difficult but for the most part pretty easy to follow, and part of this venue is to "find your way" once learned you have it kicked.

Not many pics as it is really hard to RIP around and take pics since these rides are non-stop, but I'm sure I will come up with something!... LOL If ya wanna have good healthy fun join right in.

Plus it's another reason...
    ...to Ride da mOOn

Kevin nice to see ya...
    ...can't wait for week 2 (MOM)Month of mOOn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlpmom-9-4-12-001_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlpmom-9-4-12-002_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlpmom-9-4-12-003_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlpmom-9-4-12-004_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-4-12.jpg  

mtbr member
    Went to the Moon planning on doing the same old routine. I have to admit, Cyclo-X is a very cool change of pace. If you really want to push it, you can get a great workout. No doubt it will help build up the cardio for our trail rides. It also happened to be pretty fun also. I'm in next week Lee !

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Round 2 this Tuesday night...
    ...6PM sharp, Main Gate

I trimmed out the Grass trail section and redirected the downhill to it's own trail...
    ..Ride da Month of mOOn

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Tonight's Month of mOOn CX Ride is dedicated...
    ...to our great friends at Campus Cycle in Lewisburg, Pa

Campus Cycle and Fly Fishing Center - Lewisburg, PA - Local Business | Facebook

Thanks guys!

This week a more difficult course, 1 barrier at the top of Thorny, one in the Grass Trails, two on the dirt road downhill by Nature Center, and the long back run up hill is included. No rain made the course less mushy and faster!

Thanks to everyone who Rode da mOOn and especially to the outta towners from Pottsvile and Danville areas, looks a lot like a Wednesday night ride with lottsa cars parked all the wy up the hill, great to see you all...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-001_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-002_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-copy-mlp-mom-9-11-12-006_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-003_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-004_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-005_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-007_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-008_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-009_900x900.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-12-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-010_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-011_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-012_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-013_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-016_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-017_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-018_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-020_900x900.jpg  

Month of mOOn Cyclo-X every Tuesday Night in September-mlp-mom-9-11-12-021_900x900.jpg  

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 09-12-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Tonight's ride...
    ...requires a course change.

The lower field will be deleted, the return will be on the paved road. This keeps us off any really soft areas, only dirt roads and pave for tonight.

See ya on the mOOn...
    ...Neil Armstrong knows

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Last one 9/25/12

Running the regular 2 mile course including the lower field.

Main Gate start time 6 PM

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Finished up strong, was a great ride...
    ...last one of the year!

Next on the list:
    mOOn Dirt Crit Series - Tuesdays in October - starts 10/2/12 - Mtbr Forums